10. A Night To Remember

All devils are born with a name

The walk from the club back to Beni's room was a silent one. All squad leaders had cleared the half destroyed club of civilians before the establishment shut down. Sayuri wasn't quite sure why she didn't just head back to her own place. She'd said yes in the heat of the moment to discussing what had happened tonight back at company sevens but now she was regretting it.

The crisp air was an instant wake up call from the warm thick atmosphere of the night spot. Each hair follicle on her body standing to attention as the chilly breeze washes over her skin.
Beni and Konro were walking merely a few steps ahead in a deep discussion about what they'd just witnessed.

"There's no doubt that someone in that club set off that infernal.." Beni scratches his dark hair, eyebrows furrowed in frustration.
"I agree, this was planned. Someone knew we'd all be there tonight"

She continued to ponder at a slower pace behind them, intently listening to their conversation.
"Are we almost there? I'm actually freezing my tits off here"

Beni slipped off his navy kimono and threw it lazily over his shoulder not even attempting to look at where it landed.
"Here, wear this and stop moaning"
Sayuri barely catches it with her stiffening ice cold fingers. She wraps the soft fabric round her upper body, intense amount of heat now saturating her milky flesh.
The scent of the material made her stomach flutter. The sweet fragrance of mixed spices clouded her thoughts reminding her of a freshly baked cinnamon pretzel gorgeously brown and plump, drizzled with pearly white icing sugar. She hums with delight, burying her face into the fabric.

Beni turns his gaze to Konro mid conversation and catches a glimpse of her out of the corner of his eye as she lovingly cherishes the kimono. His cheeks briefly flush crimson at the sight and a small smile curled at the corner of his mouth.

 His cheeks briefly flush crimson at the sight and a small smile curled at the corner of his mouth

an; credit to artist luzenji

Eventually they make it back to base, both Beni and Sayuri say their good nights to Konro before making their way back to the Captain's quarters.

"So, are you heading up this meeting tomorrow? And what are your thoughts on this incident?" Sayuri gracefully saunters into the room, slinging the navy kimono onto Beni's futon.
As she begins to make her way over to the chabudai a familiar warm hand grasps her wrist tightly. He pulls her gently back to face him, their chests tightly press together. Both of their breathing instantly kick up a notch.

"You know full well I've got no intent on discussing tonight's attack now. Who the fuck was that white haired motherfucker?"

His soft breath tickles her chin as he speaks and the crimson in his orbs seems to intensify momentarily as he awaits her response.
Sayuri shoves her palm into him aggressively, shunting him backwards.
"As if you have any fucking right to ask that question!"