two

Renata was the odd one out in her family.

Similar to Sirius in many ways but one. She didn't run away.

Not because she didn't want to because believe me she did, but she felt she owed it to her twin to stay there.

Her twin..

She would do anything for her twin. Even ending her own life.

He had died two years before she took her last breath.

She loved him so much and it hurt her entire being to have lost him.

So in the moment he took his final gasp of air, she felt her soul leave with his.

Now, she was just an empty shell of a person, walking around and trying to act the opposite of what she was on the inside.

What made it worse was that nobody knew. Nobody knew he was dead.

Her family ignored that he was, playing his disappearance off as 'he transferred to a school in America, Illvermorny.'

They didn't cry, they didn't mourn, they just went on with the rest of their lives. Leaving any memory of him in the dust.

Her siblings were no better. Sure they shed a few tears but in about two days they seemed to have forgotten his entire existence.

She had thought that maybe she had made up her twin. Maybe he was never there..

But, upon seeing others asking where he was. His friends, asking if he was okay. She knew she hadn't. She knew they just didn't care.

Renatas twin was the light of her life, and she tried to be that for other people after he left.

Something, in her last moments, she wished she knew she had succeeded at.

Her twin was better than her. Before his death she was just like her siblings. Like any pure blood child was.

He wasn't.

He was a Hufflepuff. Always approaching a situation with kind words and thought out actions. Whereas she was thoughtless and cold.

When he died she felt she had to become what he once was.

Trying to keep his memory alive within herself. Her actions. Her words. Everything.

People noticed the sudden change in the way she acted but didn't pay much mind, thinking it was only because of the fact she hung around with Sirius Black. The same Black who had previously run away the summer before that term.

The same summer her twin perished.