five

Remus and Renata were not the closest of the group but they had developed a bond that couldn't be broken.

They spent their time studying together or singing to David Bowie music in the Marauders dorm.

They loved each other.

Renata was even the first person Remus went to when he first realised he had feelings for Sirius.

The first person he had told about him being a werewolf.

They may not have been the closest compared to James and herself for example, but they were close.

In ways, Remus reminded Renata of her twin brother.

Maybe that's why she felt the need to say goodbye to him first out of the Marauders.

Even if he didn't know it was goodbye.

They currently sat together at a desk in the library, a usual Wednesday activity for them to do in the evenings.

Renata looked at Remus and started to reminisce on their memories together.

Sneaking around to the kitchens.

Going to Hogsmeade together in the winter when they wanted to spend time together for once.

Her helping him out before and after the full moon. Doing anything in her power to make sure he was comfortable.

Being understanding when he snapped at her and giving him space when he needed it.

"Hey Remus, you know I love you right?"

Upon hearing her whispered voice he looked up from his book, his brows furrowing upon processing her words.

"Of course, why?"

"I just wanted you to know that I do."

"I love you too Renata."

She smiled at him warmly, one that he happily returned.

They stared at each other, both smiling, for a few seconds before he nudged her a look of feign annoyance on his face although the smile remained.

"Alright let's get to studying now okay? Can't have you failing your exams can we?"

Her smile dimmed a little but she quickly recovered, nodding her head.

"Of course."