nine

James...

He was the best person in Renatas life, and she wished she didn't have to leave him the way she was.

But she couldn't handle it anymore.

So she knew he had to be the last one to say goodbye too.

She had sent a note to him in Potions to meet her at the Astronomy tower at 6 that evening.

Climbing up the stairs, she was climbing the stairs to her death.

She was saying goodbye and when he left, then she would do it.

Because she knew if she waited any longer after saying goodbye to him, she wouldn't be able to go through with it.

Reaching the top of the stairs it finally hit her that today would be her last day on Earth.

She was pulled out of her thoughts by arms wrapping around her waist, causing a laugh to come out of her mouth.

"Shh, don't want Filch to catch us." James placed a hand over her mouth, turning her around and sending her a disapproving look before it turned into a smile.

Taking his hand off of her mouth he leant in and kissed her softly, smiling into the kiss.

Pulling away, the smile still on his face, now a matching one on hers, he tilted his head.

"Why are we here?"

She just shrugged. "I don't know, I just wanted to spend a little time with you. Thought we could watch the sunset together."

He smiled. The smile that she loved.

She loved him.

From his worse qualities to his best, she loves him.

She could never not love him.

She grabbed his hand and lead him to the railing of the tower, she sat down, him following shortly after.

The sun was setting on the horizon. Oranges and red hues being cast over the mountains that surrounded the castle.

It really was beautiful.

She was glad this would be the last thing she would see.

Laying her head on James' shoulder she placed her hand in his, admiring the scenery before them.

James looked down at her with nothing but adoration in his eyes.

He loves her.

From her worst qualities to her best, he loves her.

"I love you James... never forget that."

"I won't my love, I won't. And I love you too..." He kissed the top of her head gently before placing his head on top of hers.

They watched the sunset, the night slowly nearing.

She was content.

She was happy.

She was glad these were the last moments.

Grief is an overwhelming feeling