three

EVENTUALLY after what feels like a lifetime, the bell rings and class has ended

EVENTUALLY after what feels like a lifetime, the bell rings and class has ended. Everyone packs up their things and starts to file out of the classroom. Mattheo packs up next to Lilith, and then they are  the last to leave the class.

"I want to sit down before I need to attend Hargid's class." Lilith informs the curly-haired boy. "Sure thing, let's go." Mattheo says, grabbing her hand and leading the way out of the classroom. She wants to pull away, but she knows he'll protest. The two enter the hallway where students can be seen walking around. "So, do you have a preference for somewhere to sit?" Mattheo asks.

"Somewhere quiet, I suppose." Lilith settles. He nods as he keeps looking around the hallway, and he finds a bench in a quiet area of the hallway. It's far from the doors that lead into the Great Hall, and not many students pass through the hallway, so the bench itself is relatively quiet.

She sits down, crossing her legs and leaning back against the wall. Mattheo sits next to her, and smiles. "Tired already?" he asks playfully.

"I kept tossing and turning last night." Lilith admits. She didn't know why she told him that. He looks like he's about to ask why.

"Nightmares." She adds. Mattheo nods, sitting against the wall and looking at the ceiling. "I get them frequently as well." He tells her.

Lilith is surprised to hear that he also has nightmares. "About what?" She asks curiously.

He merely shrugs, which told Lilith to not push it any further. She didn't really want to make him upset since they kind of had to see each other everyday. She closes her eyes to rest them.

Mattheo looks over at her. He leans even closer to you, and whispers in her ear. "Hey, you okay?" he asks, his voice soft and quiet.

"I should be asking you that, really. I... I wonder, are you upset about Potter, you know...your father?" She asks.  She regretted it the moment she said it.

Mattheo is startled by her question. "Um, not exactly. I didn't really know him too well." He looks away for a moment, and then looks back at her. "Why do you ask?" he asks curiously.

"Just curious. You know my parents abandoned me so I.. I don't know." She explains softly.

He looks at Lilith and notices that she seems upset when she talks about her parents. "Yeah..." He sighs as he looks away. "I'm sorry." He says in a gentle tone.

She looks at her hands that were placed in her lap. She started to fidget with her rings silently.

He looks down at her hand and notices. He takes her hand. "Hey, it's okay." He says, rubbing her wrist with his thumb gently. Lilith feels a tingle run up her arm when he touches her.