two

THE sun shines through the window, waking up Lilith

THE sun shines through the window, waking up Lilith. She sits up in bed and notices that Mattheo isn't anywhere to be found. She noticed a note on her bedside table.

I am at breakfast with the group
– Your lovely husband

Lilith scoffs and starts to get ready. She does her morning routine and rushed to make it breakfast on time. She enters The Great Hall, the sound of students talking loudly being the only thing she could hear.

She noticed her friends and started to walk over to them. Just as she was about to sit, a voice stopped her.

"Hey! Monroe!" Lilith winced at the use of he maiden name, turning around to see Adrian. Lilith looks over at Mattheo and he looks like he's holding his breath, trying not to correct Adrian. He smiles slightly as he waits for Adrian to use her correct last name.

"Actually, It's Riddle." She corrects him. Adrian chucked, shaking his head. "What did you get adopted or?—"

Mattheo's eyes quickly dart up to look at Lilith when Adrian says this. He smirks and gets up from his seat to interrupt, "No, she's my wife," he states proudly, claiming her as his own.

Adrian looks confused, then shocked. "You two got married?!" he asks with his mouth agape, and his hand on his chest. Adrian and Mattheo then lock eyes, and it takes Mattheo a second to answer.

He smirks, and glances at Lilith, "Yes, we did."

Adrian stares at the two as he walks away. Mattheo glances at his wife and smirks. "He looks like he's been kicked by a centaur," he says smugly.

"Was that seriously necessary?" Lilith asks, looking around to make sure nobody was paying attention. Thankfully, nobody was. They were too busy catching up with each other.

"He was just flexing to the whole Slytherin table about how he was going to take you out on a date tomorrow." Mattheo explains, rolling his eyes.

"Well, you don't have to be so possessive," She mutters. "I could have told him off myself." Mattheo scoffs. "I didn't want anyone to even think of going on a date with you." He says in a sharp tone.

"What can I say? I'm desired by many." She says as she takes a seat next to Pansy. "Yeah you are," Mattheo says sarcastically. "And don't forget your place, you're my wife," he says.

"How can I forget? You only remind me every bloody day." She says, rolling her eyes.

"And you know what? I'm going to keep reminding you every day until you get it through your dense little brain," he grumbles, still in a grumpy mood.