Chapter One

Running.

That's all I was doing. I look around me and find myself running and jumping over branches of trees. I had no control over my body. all I can do was just watch helplessly.

suddenly I came to a stop, in front of me from a far stood a boy wearing some ninja attire, he had his back to me. 

"hey!"  I called to grab his attention. he turned to face me with a very bright and cheeky smile that can light the whole world. "who are you?". suddenly he turned his back to me again and started running jumping over branches in a really high speed. "hey wait!" I tried to catch up to him but couldn't and he was getting further and further away.

"Mia! watch out!" someone suddenly screamed. I turned around and then someone exclaimed "Chid-!"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Mia wake up!" I woke up startled by the sound of the knocking on the door. 'what the hell was that? who was that boy?' I thought as I sat up on the bed.

"come on Mia wake up! breakfast is ready!" my mom exclaimed on the other side of the door still knocking on the door. 

"yeah mom I'm coming! be there in a sec!" I grumbled as I got out of bed. god I hate mornings so much. today was gonna be a really long day. 'what time is it?' I checked the time on my phone.

"crap I'm late!" I hurried to the bathroom, had a quick shower, and got into my work attire.

I hurried downstairs and greeted my mom and brother. "good morning!" I grabbed an apple from the table and ran to leave the house.

"Morning sweethea- hey wait! you didn't eat!" my mom complained as I was about to leave.

"sorry mom! I'm really late!" I exclaimed already leaving the house and on my way to work.

"ugh this girl. always so hard on herself. I told her to take today off, she is so stubborn" mom told my brother Myles as they were eating. he wasn't paying attention to her watching something on his phone. "Myles!"

"yeah? oh right she is always like that. I mean she is almost done with school and really needs the cash to afford for college besides the financial obligations that we have" Myles stated absentmindedly.

"I know but I wish she can just go easy on herself for a bit and have more fun" she sighed as she thought about her daughter and how much hardworking she is. she had a job too but it wasn't enough to support their needs, so she had to rely on her daughter as well ever since her husband passed away. 'I really wish you were here, Tyler' she thought to herself.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mia's POV

I ran as fast as I could to catch the bus, and caught it as it was about to leave. "ah thank god I almost missed it". I got in and took a seat. on the way to work I looked out the window zoning out thinking about life. I was now a high school senior looking forward to graduating and attending a reputable school. 

'almost there Mia, you can do this' I encouraged myself. I have always been an ambitious and idealistic person. my dream was to attend a medical school and become a famous doctor that father would be proud of. besides my dreams, I also had other responsibilities and duties towards my family. that's why I'm always so hard on myself when it comes to supporting them.

'but at least I have my boyfriend who always supports me through everything'. I smiled thinking about Noah. we've been dating for almost two years now ever since he asked me out. I have always considered myself lucky that I have known him. he was every thing I ever needed; he was tall, handsome, funny, and always there for me.