Chapter Seven

"Mia! are you even listening to me!?" Naruto exclaimed frustrated startling me.

I glanced around us and found that the class wasn't quite full yet. me and Naruto decided to head to class early today so that we don't miss the team assignment.

"yeah?....oh sorry Naruto. I didn't sleep well last night" I muttered smiling at him cheekily scratching the back of my head. he sighed before continuing.

"I was telling you that I really hope that we end up being on the same team. that would be so cool right!?" he stated enthusiastically making me smile back at him in slight enthusiasm.

"yeah. that would be great" I muttered smiling at him gently. he nodded smiling cheerfully before speaking.

"you'll never guess what happened yesterday!" he stated gaining my attention. "I went to the old man's office to give him my document and there I met konohamaru. he is the old man's grandson" he muttered lightly chuckling. he kept on rambling about him and about the new jutsu that he learned. I was listening to him before eventually spacing out thinking about a certain incident that occurred two days ago.

'how did I not notice earlier? was I that dense?' I thought to myself recalling that day. the way he was staring at me so intensely when he treated my injury and how considerate he was. I involuntarily touched my reddened cheek while staring at Naruto responding absentmindedly.

two days ago around 11:00 PM

"Mia! Mia-chan! you'll never guess what Iruka-sensei gave me!" Naruto exclaimed loudly knocking on the door.

I was startled and distanced myself slightly from Neji. he didn't really seem to be fazed though and looked kind of irritated. he sighed before looking straight into my eyes.

"I should go. I'll see you later" he muttered with his usual blank look on his face.

but what really caught me off guard was when he suddenly lowered his head and leaned towards me before I could feel his lips on my left cheek. he lingered on my cheek a little before staring intensely at my eyes and then he distanced himself and I believe I saw a slight smirk on his face as he turned around.

without any other word he headed to the window in the living room before leaving. I only stood there frozen involuntarily holding my left cheek not processing anything. I'm pretty sure my face was so red that it resembled a tomato. 'what was that?'

"Mia! open the door! I need to show you something!" I snapped out of my thoughts and went to open the door absentmindedly.

end of flashback

I have no idea what happened to Neji. he was acting completely different towards me ever since the day we had a fight. 'what's gotten into him? was he always looking at me like that?' I thought to myself slightly blushing.

what I really didn't get was how I never noticed any of it. I mean I've been in a relationship before but somehow I failed to connect the dots. I never really thought about him in that way before, but after that incident I started to view him in a whole different light. the way he was looking at me whenever I was close to him, the way he was mad during my combat with Lee. it all made sense now.

I can feel my cheeks gaining heat when I remembered his intense stares and how he was poking the inside of his mouth with his tongue during our little incident, he was probably jealous.

'That was kind of ho- No!...Mia don't!' I thought to myself trying to not think about that incident.

'He's only your friend...remember your goal...remember why you're doing this in the first place...' I thought to myself shrugging off these thoughts. I shouldn't forget what I'm here for, I can't be distracted. And besides, I don't think I'm over Noah just yet.