Chapter Eight

Neji's POV

"Neji...I...I wanna go home"  she whispered out quietly. I held her weakened state as gently as possible as if she might break in my arms any moment. she looked so fragile and shaken. and it was all because of me.

the more I look at her the more my heart breaks into pieces. 'how could I've done this?' I don't know what's gotten into me, I just wanted to make her stronger and be independent but for some reason I kind of got carried away. 'she must hate me so much right now...' I cursed myself inwardly for doing this to one of the most important people in my life, the girl that I like. I sighed slightly before quietly muttering.

"okay...let's go. I will accompany you" I backed slightly from the hug looking down at her face, her face was flushed from all the crying and I couldn't help but admire her beauty from up close. she looked up at me with her beautiful green eyes before gently shaking her head.

"no it's...it's not what I meant.." she muttered quietly avoiding my gaze before continuing. "Neji...I want to tell you something..." she hesitated before continuing. "I'm ready to tell you my se-" I interrupted her before she could go any further.

"you don't have to rush. take your time" I voiced gently raising her chin to make her look at me. she looked at me scanning my face, her breath was hitting my face before she smiled slightly and shyly averted her eyes and I could see that her face began to gain color making me almost smirk in return. I love when she does that.

"no, it's okay. I think I'm ready" she voiced out before backing away from the hug completely and took a seat near the tree and signaled for me to join her. I went and took a seat beside her before she continued. "you were right Neji...I'm not from Kumogakure..." I stared at her raising an eyebrow waiting for her to elaborate. "I know you might not believe me but I promise you I'm telling the truth..." I now stared at her my curiosity peaked. 

"I'm not from this world, Neji" she was now looking straight into my eyes and I knew from the look on her face that she was dead serious. 

"what do you mean?" I asked her blankly confused about what she's saying. 'not...from this world...?' I thought to myself trying to understand what she's talking about. she averted her eyes looking at the ground before continuing.

"what I mean is that...I'm not from this dimension, I don't belong here" I stared at her becoming more and more confused by the second. I was about to say something before she beat me to it. "remember the first time we ever met?" she looked at me waiting for my response. I nodded before replying.

"yes. you mean when we first saw you falling down from the sky..." I trailed off before abruptly interrupting myself my eyes widened slightly. I looked at her silently waiting for her to confirm my thoughts, and as if she could read my mind she nodded.

"yes. that's exactly what you're thinking" she muttered looking into my eyes scanning my face to see if I believe her or not. honestly I wasn't exactly sure what to think, I wasn't saying that she was lying she seemed dead serious but I just couldn't comprehend how was that even possible. "I don't know how or why I ended up here but I just wanna go home to my family, friends, and even Noah..." she trailed off absentmindedly making me stare at her. she had a sad smile on her face as she stared out at nothing in particular. "that's why I joined the academy, so I can become a genin and maybe find a way to go back home if that's possible" 

"I believe you will, Mia." she suddenly turned her head towards me staring at me wide eyed.

"you really do? you think there's a way?" she asked me waiting expectantly for my answer her eyes filled with hope. I nodded blankly, though I'd be happy for her to go back to her home but I just didn't want that. maybe I'm selfish but I don't care. I wanted her to stay with me but if that would make her happy then I have no other choice.