Chapter 11: Capital

He had a headache, he did not remember what he had done the day before. He did not remember anything. He woke up with his hands covered with blood, the blood did not dry.

On the ground he found a trail of blood that lead to a thousand bodies lying on the ground. Was he the one who did it? Was he the cause of all of this? He could not remember. He did not know. He did not care either. He felt no sorrow. He felt no regret. He did not look back to them.

He had his sword back at his waist. His backpack on his back. His walking stick in his right hand. He kept on walking towards what seemed to be the biggest city he had ever seen. He could even see it from here. It was still in the far distance and he thought that it was nothing special. He still left a trail of blood behind him.

His long beard was red. His long hair was red. He was fully covered in blood. He did not know if he would ever want to get it off again. Somehow the colour brought him joy. It made him feel happy. He did not know what happened to him. He did not know what had changed. But he couldn't be happier in his life.

The city in the distance started to look bigger with every step he took. It was big but it still seemed to be a distance. He did not expected that. A city as big as the one in front of him was a wonderful gift. It would mean that he would have food for weeks or maybe even months. He would have drinks too. He did not know what those thoughts meant. He just knew there was a lot of that there.

The closer he came to the city the more he could hear the voices in his head. They weren't annoying. He did not pay them any mind. The voices had been fed already. They had been fed with the souls of the dead. That's how he thought about it. That's how he saw the voices.

But with every step he took the voices became louder. They could not control him yet. He still didn't need them. He would only need them if he would ever arrive in that city.

He felt the muscles in his body strengthening. He felt himself getting stronger. He felt motivated. He was the one. He was the one to kill them all. He was the one who would purge humanity. He was the one who would save this planet. It was his duty, his mission. Before he knew it he was in the city. Everything was big and there were many people. A city like this would have a lot of sound. But there was none. It was all pure silence. Everyone in this city seemed to be in a hurry. It felt like they all took big steps to get to their destination as fast as possible. But they did not move.

He roamed around the buildings. It was fascinating. He did not kill anyone, he did not feel like it yet. He wanted to explore this city first. He wanted to know where everything was. He wanted to know how it all was constructed.

It might have taken him weeks or even a month before he knew the most important places. He knew exactly where he would go first. There was a big building in the middle of the city with a big garden around it. It looked important. It was not as high as the other buildings in the city.

There were a lot of guards protecting the place, but they wouldn't be able to do anything. The voices in his head started to get stronger again. They wanted him to kill them. They wanted him to do it now. They wanted to be fed now. He did not know what they were saying, he did not understand the words they were saying. But he seemed to understand them. He gave everything they said his own meaning.

He was able to resist the voices for so long. He knew that they would take over sooner or later. He had already accepted his fate, he had already accepted what he needed to do. He already knew what he needed to do. He took a glass bottle out of his bag and opened it. This was the only way to make him feel that joy again. He had a few of these bottles now. He was saving them all up for this moment. He would make sure that he had his bag with him. It was important that his bag would be with him for what he was about to do.