Chapter 13: Birds

The curse had been broken. He had already forgotten what he had been doing. He had already forgotten what he had done.

He was butt naked and was covered in blood. There were signs of skin showing up since he had been running through the rain, it wasn't at a standstill anymore but it moved slowly.

He had not eaten neither did he have anything to drink. It had been a while since he had consumed anything. What was he? Where was he going?

He could still hear voices in his head. Some thanked him and some told him to die. Why did he need to die? He did not know the answer. Why did they thank him? He did not know the answer.

He wanted to scream to get those voices away from him, there was sound but it was slow and lasted for what seemed like an eternity.

He had been running in a forest for a while, he did not remember when he had started running. The trees were gentle and there were a lot of bushes, they slowly moved with the wind. They soothed him.

He tripped over something. It hurt a lot. He wanted to scream again but once again the sound was slow and lasted for too long. He stood up again and started running again.

There was no real reason behind it, he had been doing it for what seemed like his whole life. The more he ran the darker everything around him got. Things moved but it was slow, things made sounds but it was slow. It was peaceful.

He had a long beard and long hair. He did not know how he got it. He had never seen his own face before. He did not want to know and neither did he care.

It felt like he was missing everything. How was he created? Why was he created? Was he even a thing? The voices in his head did not answer them. They only told him to die or they only thanked him.

They were not aggressive, they were soothing. Were they always this soothing? He did not know. They did not beg. They sounded sad. He started losing his strength, he had been running for way too long. He had trouble breathing, he had trouble keeping focus. He fell down again. This time he could not stand up anymore so he kept on crawling.

The ground started to scrape his skin, it hurt. He kept going. He had no choice. Those voices, he needed to listen to them. They were important. He was tired, he wanted to end it here. He kept going.

He went slower, not because he wanted to but because he couldn't go faster. He had been crawling on the ground for way too long. He had no energy left. There was nothing in him anymore. He had no fat, neither did he have any muscles. All of it had been gone for what seemed like forever.

He looked up. What he saw in front of him was the biggest tree he had ever seen. It was a thick tree with a lot of branches. He crawled towards it and put his back on the bark of the tree. He could feel it. It had a nice texture, it didn't hurt but neither was it soothing. He had trouble sitting straight, he kept sliding away. All of his focus was gone. He simply did not have any energy anymore.

Everything started to fade away. He closed his eyes. All he could see was pure darkness. From that darkness he could hear the voices and slowly the darkness started filling itself with faces. Faces from the people who had come before him. Faces of the people who had gone through the same torture as him, people who had gone through the same joy as him. There were a lot of them. Some thanked him and some cursed him. He felt like someone was missing, he couldn't find the face of the girl he had thrown away from the noose. He did not have the energy to think about it. He just saw a lot of faces in front of him.

They all chanted the word "die" even those who had thanked him and so he did. It was slow, he did not realize what was happening. He did not realize that everything started to speed up. The birds were singing again, the wind was singing again.

The last thing he could see were his parents, they smiled and waved at him. And so everything went black within him. A darkness that would never become anything else again. He had stopped making any sound, he had stopped moving. He was released from his endless torture, he had died.

Time moved again. It was sudden. It was as sudden as it had stopped. It was a strange day. One of the weirdest Saturday mornings.

There was chaos all over the world. There were millions of people reported dead, all of them had been brutally murdered. No one knew who had done it or when it had happened. Some people had teleported to a different location, but it mostly wasn't far away from their previous location. There was this one girl that was lying dead on the ground, she had been tortured and killed. There was a jacket thrown over her so no one could see her face.

There were a few cities where peoples bodies were used as an artwork. No one could tell what had happened. There were sudden screams everywhere, they weren't from any person. You could hear people crying, but they could not be seen.

Many had different theories, some called it the purge, a day where the angels had descended and killed all that was bad. No one had the right answer and no one would ever find the right answer.

In the capital of a certain country the president had killed himself, he was found dead in front of a pool of blood. He apparently kept on working untill the evening not knowing what had happened, It was oddly silent, but he did not pay it any mind. The whole building had been decorated with corpses and heads. There was blood everywhere. He had screamed, he had cried. He was scared.

A certain group had been killed during a performance. There were even people that had bit marks in their flesh, it was as if a wild beast had eaten from them.

And somewhere on the planet there was a dark forest. There were no plants, there were no animals. That forest held a secret that no one could know and no one would ever know. There were corpses hanging there, they were all dead. The people who trespassed through that forest were found dead at the side.

Some people believed that the forest was haunted, some believed that there was a ghost, a ghost that looked like a young girl that was covered in blood. A girl that would scream and screech when someone tried to enter the forest.

They did not know who she was neither did they know where she came from. The girl was cursed with eternal life, neither could she leave the forest . Those who broke the loop got punished. She was the one protecting the secrets. She had forgotten her name. She had forgotten her family and friends. She had forgotten what and who she was. But there was one thing she could not forget. A goal that one could understand. It was all she could think off. She wanted to feel love. If only she could love someone.