(020) stay

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

char has not left her room for the past week. everyone is so fucking worried. tim and matt can't sleep, her mother and pauline won't stop crying, and the media won't stop devouring her.

they didn't know if she was reading what they were saying about her. nick and lia tried to go in her room once, but she just went to the bathroom and locked the door.

she didn't wanna see anyone. she didn't wanna hear anyone. she wanted to pretend like humans didn't exist, and that it was just her.

for around 2 nights straight, chris snuck in and slept in front of her door in case she needed someone in the middle of the night. but nicole caught him and almost hit him in the nuts with a frying pan. he decided phone calls will do. so he left her voicemails every single day, even though she knows she won't listen to them, because let's be honest, who does?

matt, however, has been worrying the most. he wakes up at 7 and goes straight to her house, sitting in front of the door, knocking on the door every now and then. he usually goes back home at 11:45 because he gets sleepy.

however, one night, char was feeling extra sad. she didn't know what spiked this sudden sadness, but she couldn't stay alone. she didn't trust herself enough.

she heard shuffling from the other side of the door, matt was getting ready to leave. she almost flew to the door and opened it.

matt's jaw slightly dropped, he definitely didn't expect her to open the door.

"stay." she whispered, it sounded more like a plead than an order.

"o-okay." he sat back down.

"no, in here." she pointed to her room.

"oh." he stood up quickly.

she hadn't talked to him since that night.

he slowly walked in her room. he almost forgot what it looked like; what it smelIled like. he hasn't been in there in so long.

"nothing changed." he commented.

"are you kidding it smells like depression in here." she scoffed, throwing herself on her bed.

"i know how bad i'm getting." she added as an afterthought. "i know i'm losing myself quicker than last time."