(022) forts

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"matt you fucking idiot put me down!" char cursed.

"i'm making you fly!" he defended.

"okay but you have weak ass legs and you're gonna drop me."

matt did the infamous "airplane" move he stopped doing after chris fell face flat on matt's rib cage.

"do you trust me?" matt asked.

char tilted her head sarcastically and hummed.

"bro i'm the reason you haven't fell on your face yet. do you want to fall down, char?"

"i trust you." she huffed. "like a brother."

"the only right thing you've ever done is trust me." he slowly put her down.

"i've done many other right things." she scoffed, laying down next to him.

"oh yeah? like what?"

"like dating cheaters." she joked.

after a moment of silence she spoke up again, "too soon?"

"kinda." he hissed.

"i never learn." she shrugged, staring at the blanket above her. "guess i'll be stuck with cheaters for the rest of my life, huh?"

"no." he said lowly, holding her hand, staring at the blanket above them too.

with a huff, she turned her whole body to face him. "are you sure?"

"sure of what?" he asked, turning his body to face her too.

"of this." she shrugged. "you saw how emo i was like two days ago, you sure you wanna put up with that? i'm not trying to sound like one of those emo ex girlfriends but i literally am. i'm so worn out at this point, and you deserve way better."

"you are better." he said instantly. "i don't want anyone else, char. you think you're this unloveable creature that cannot be loved because of how many relationships you've been in. i don't care about that. you could be a widow to 10 people for all i care. i'll love you the same."

"okay, but the papara-"

"you think they scare me?" he scoffed. "okay, they do. just a bit, though! but i'd save you from them in a heartbeat. just like last time."