The Safe Place

Caesar and I went to the secret place where robots and humans met up — it was in a large warehouse.

“Password,” the man at the door said.

He was tall and muscular, with tanned skin and short black hair in a quiff style.

I had no idea what the password was, or that we even needed one to get in. Hopefully, Caesar knew what it was.

“I'm not a robot,” Caesar replied.

“Go ahead.” He opened the door for us.

I found the password funny, and I was amazed that Caesar knew it. We went inside, and the place was dimly lit, with people and robots. There was a bar, tables and chairs, as well as a large space for dancing to the music.

“How did you know the password?” I asked.

“It came with the information on how to find this place.”

“Well, I'm glad you knew it.”

“Don't worry, I did my research.” Caesar smiled.

“Let's go and get drinks, maybe we'll find someone to talk to,” I said.

“Sure.”

If we managed to have a conversation with someone, maybe they'd know about the robot who'd killed the man.

We walked over to the bar, and I ordered a coke, I couldn't have alcohol because I was on duty, even though we were undercover. The bartender was a slim woman who had tattoos covering her tanned skin. She had long ginger hair and she was wearing red lipstick, she was very attractive.

“We don't get many robots around here who aren't free,” she said.

“Oh, how did you know?” I asked.

“Oh, I'm a robot, can tell whether other robots are free or not.”

“I know the AR55X models became free on their own, has it happened to any other models?” I asked.

“I think there might've been one who's the same model as your robot.” She shrugged.

“Are they still here? I'd really like to become free.” Caesar leaned closer to the woman.

“I'm not sure, you could look around.”

“Would you be able to show us a picture of the robot?” I asked.

“Oh, I really shouldn't be giving out customers' information, that's private.”

I didn't want to keep pushing her in case we seemed suspicious. At least we knew that the robot had come here.

“Alright, we'll ask around, I really want Caesar to become free,” I said.

“One more question, is the robot a male or female?” Caesar asked.

“Male, good luck with finding him.”

“Thank you,” I replied, then we found a free table and sat down. “So, he's definitely been here, we just need to find him.”

“I could scan the robots, and find out which model they are. I'll see if there are any the same as me, then maybe we'll find the murderer,” Caesar replied.

“That's a great idea.”

If the killer was here, we'd find him in no time, then the case would be closed. The sooner we found him, the better.

“I've found one robot the same as me, but they aren't free, so it's unlikely that they're the killer,” Caesar said.

“We should check anyway. Maybe the owner somehow made their robot commit a crime.”