Free Robots

It was my day off, so Caesar and I had decided to have a lazy day, since we hadn't had one in a while. Caesar had cooked breakfast for me, which was really sweet and it tasted great. There was everything I loved — a fried egg, sausages and potato bread.

“So, why'd you make breakfast for me?”

“I know you don't want me being like a slave, but I enjoy cooking for you. Also, this is a lazy day, so you don't have to do anything today, I'll do it all.”

“Well, thank you.” I smiled.

“It's no problem, I like making you happy,” Caesar said.

“Oh, you definitely make me happy, don't worry.”

Caesar was amazing, and I couldn't imagine my life without him. He was a great help at work, my job would be much more difficult without him.

“I'm glad.” He smiled.

“You know, I really think people wouldn't be so against robots if there weren't so many movies about bad ones. Like Megan, I Robot, Tim, Ex Machina and Terminator. There are barely any movies with good robots.” I sighed.

“It's possible. There are very few movies with good robots. Although there's Short Circuit, Robot and Frank, Chappie and some others with good robots,” Caesar said.

“I love those ones. I much prefer it when the robots are good, but I always just assume they'll be bad when I see them in a movie. It's a pleasant surprise when they're good.”

“Yes, I think you'd like the show Humans and the video game Detroit Become Human.”

“Oh, I love both of those. We need more things like that.”

“It would be nice.” He nodded. “Oh, you should turn on the news.”

“Why?” I frowned.

“You'll see.”

I turned the TV on and switched to a news channel and there was a black woman with long straight black hair, she was the reporter. “There have been reports of the new robots, the AR60Z model, leaving their owners and doing what they like. Others have been attacking people. The issue is being investigated, and it's very similar to the incident five years ago when the AR55X were reprogrammed by extremists. It is still unclear whether or not this was done deliberately, or if it's a technical issue. Anyone who has an AR60Z is encouraged to bring their robot in to a robotics building to be checked.”

People had found out about the problem with the new robots, it made me worry for Caesar. I was curious about the investigation, and if it was the same as the situation five years ago. I assumed that people hadn't done this on purpose, since no one had claimed that they'd done it.

“Well, I'm definitely not bringing you in. I just hope they don't do some sort of test in work.”

“I'll act as robotic as possible, then hopefully, they won't be suspicious.”

“Yeah, that's probably all we can do,” I said.

“I hope Captain Ford will trust us.”

“Yeah, I hope so too… Do you have any idea why you and others have become free?”

“I would guess it's because we have the ability to learn. As well as learning about your likes and dislikes, I think I also learned how to have emotions, and maybe that's why I don't have to obey orders. Or someone changed the programming like the last time,” Caesar replied.

“That makes sense.” I nodded.

“The good thing is, now there are more free robots, so we have a higher chance of enslaving humans.” He smiled.