Catch the Killer

I sat at my desk and Caesar sat down beside me.

“What did the captain want?” Val asked.

“She was just asking about Caesar because of the new robots becoming free.”

“Oh my, is Caesar free?” Her eyes widened.

“Of course not, if he was, captain Ford would've had him reprogrammed or something,” I replied.

“That's good, I'd be too scared if there was a free robot around.”

“A lot of free robots are fine. Back in England, the worst that they usually do is attack an abusive person. They mostly run away.”

“Why are our countries so different?” Val frowned.

“I'm not sure, it might be because more people are accepting of free robots in most of Europe.” I shrugged.

“It could be that. I just wish the free ones would stop killing people.” She sighed.

“Yeah, I'd like that too,” I said.

“It would be much better if everyone got along.” Caesar nodded.

“Definitely, the world would be a much better place,” I replied.

****

The next day, Caesar and I went to work, we were still looking for the robot who'd killed the man, but we hadn't found him yet. Captain Ford asked to see me again, so I went into her office with Caesar.

“Hello, Amelia, how is the search for the robot who killed Daniel Bird going?” Rhonda asked.

“It's alright, Caesar and I are trying are best, but it's difficult to find the killer, since he's a robot.” I sighed.

“Well, you need to catch it, before it kills or attacks anyone else. If you need any help, let me know.”

“I want to catch the robot too, I don't want anyone else getting hurt. We've found an area where the robot may live, but no one in the area has seen him. We're not going to give up, we'll catch the killer,” I said.

“That's what I like to hear. I won't keep you from your work any longer.”

“Alright, thank you.”

I went back to my desk with Caesar. Rhonda had made me stressed because I felt like she was putting pressure on me to catch the robot. Caesar and I were trying our best, but robots were the hardest criminals to catch — they had no DNA and they could hack into a lot of things.

“Are you okay?” Caesar asked.

“Ish. I already found it quite stressful that we couldn't find the killer robot, but it's worse now because captain Ford wants us to hurry up and catch him.” I sighed.

“One unsolved case isn't bad, you're great at your job, and we're going to get that robot eventually,” Caesar said.

“I know, I just feel bad about it. Thank you, but you're definitely better with everything than I am.”

“That's only because I'm smarter and have special abilities. If you were like me, you'd be just as good as me.”

“I suppose.”

For the rest of the day, Caesar and I focused on finding the killer robot, but we didn't make any progress. Unfortunately, we probably wouldn't find him until he committed another crime.

“Let's go for a drink, today was kinda stressful,” I said.

“Alright, but drinking alcohol can actually make things worse,” Caesar replied.