Psycho Robot

We'd been called out to deal with a robot murdering her owner. This was the second robot killer I'd had to deal with, although we hadn't caught the first one. Hopefully, we'd catch this one. We went to the house, and opened the door.

I walked through the house slowly, with my gun held up in case the robot was still here. Caesar opened a door, and I saw the woman dead on the ground, with her blood surrounding her. Thankfully, her head was still attached to her body, so the scene wasn't too gruesome. There was a female robot sitting by the counter, staring at her owner, who she'd just killed. The robot was holding the bloody knife in her hand.

“You're under arrest,” I said, while walking towards the robot.

“No, I didn't do anything wrong! Humans are horrible and they all deserve to die!” She yelled and started charging at me with a large knife in her hand.

Before I could react, Caesar pushed me out of the way. I fell on to my side, and my hands and hip felt very sore and stingy. Caesar fought against the killer, and he easily beat her, then put handcuffs on her.

He came over to me and offered his hand, I took it and he helped me up. “Are you alright?”

“Yeah, just sore.”

“Well, you don't have any broken bones or any fractures. It should just be a bruise,” Caesar said.

“Well, that's good. Thanks for getting me out of her way.”

“I'm just sorry you got hurt. That's the last thing I wanted to do.” He sighed.

“Would you two shut up, I hate humans, you should all die!” The murderer shouted.

“Whatever, you're going to be reprogrammed,” I said.

I didn't feel bad about having her reprogrammed, she was a psycho. It seemed like she hated all humans for no reason — some humans were bad, but not all, just like some robots were bad.

We brought the robot out and put her into the back of our police car. Caesar started driving us to the building where she'd be reprogrammed.

“I'm glad we caught the killer so quickly this time.” I smiled and Caesar nodded. “I hope the rest of our cases go like this.”

Caesar was being oddly quiet, he normally talked a lot more than this.

“Is everything okay? You're very quiet.” I frowned.

“I'm fine.” Caesar smiled, but it somehow looked fake.

Caesar barely talked for the rest of the ride; I spent most of the time trying to ignore the robot insulting us and saying how much she hated humans. We left the robot at the facility, then we went back to work, and continued with the murder case.

Once work was over, we left, and Caesar started driving us home.

“Are you sure everything is okay?” I asked.

Caesar was definitely acting differently, he wasn't anywhere near as talkative, which was odd.

“I just feel bad for hurting you.” Caesar sighed.

“Oh, don't worry, I'm fine. Anyway, you saved me from that psycho,” I replied.

“There was probably another solution, one that wouldn't have involved hurting you.”

“You didn't mean to, and I really do feel fine now.”

“I wasn't thinking clearly, I just wanted to get you out of the way so that you wouldn't get hurt,” Caesar said.

“I understand, you did the right thing.”

“But, I could've stepped in front of you, then you wouldn't have got hurt at all.”