Pictures

A woman had been attacked by a robot, and it had fled the scene. I went with Caesar to the woman's house, and knocked on the door, and she came out. She was short and chubby, with white skin and short straight blonde hair.

“Hi, I'm officer Green. Can you tell me what happened?”

“I just got home from shopping, then a robot ran up to me and pushed me over. He grabbed my head, and he would've ripped it off if it hadn't been for my Carl,” she said.

“Who's Carl?” I asked.

“He's my robot, he saved my life. Carl pushed the robot off me, then the robot ran away.”

“Can we see Carl?” Caesar asked.

“Of course.” The woman went inside and brought her robot out.

“Did you manage to get any pictures of the robot who attacked?” I asked.

“Yes, I'll share them now.” He nodded.

“I've got them,” Caesar said, then they appeared in front of me.

The robot was the same model as Caesar, so it was probably the same one who'd killed the man. This time, the robot didn't have anything covering his face — he was white and had black hair in a bowl cut and icy blue eyes. Now, we knew what he looked like, hopefully, it wouldn't take long to catch him.

“Thank you, this has been very helpful,” I said.

I left my number for her, then we started heading back to the station.

“Can you see if you can find that robot on any security cameras?” I asked.

“Sure, but I was already doing that.” Caesar chuckled.

“Always one step ahead of me.”

“I'd say more than one.”

“It's not my fault, I'm not a robot.”

“I was just messing with you.” He smiled.

“Oh right.”

“Unfortunately, the killer isn't showing up on any cameras.”

“Are you sure it's the same robot as the one who killed the man?” I asked.

“Yes, I'm almost one hundred percent certain,” Caesar replied.

“Well, I thought it was the same one, and you're almost certain, so I'd say there's a high chance that it's the same robot… but, it's weird, that woman didn't seem to dislike robots.” I frowned.

I'd thought the killer robot was only going after anti-robot people.

“I agree, she seemed to like Carl. Maybe the robot is like the one we arrested recently, who hates all humans,” Caesar said.

“Well, that's worrying.” I sighed.

I wasn't scared of robots who only went after people who hated them, since I loved robots, so I'd be in no danger. But, if robots tried to kill random humans, then I was in danger. Hopefully, Caesar would protect me from any robots who tried to harm me, or even humans.

“So, why isn't he showing up on any cameras?” I frowned.

“I'd say he's hacking into them so that he can't be found.”

“Is there any way for you to find out which cameras have been hacked?”

“I'll try, but it could still be difficult to find him,” Caesar replied.

“Well, it's worth a shot. Even if we don't find him, we might find out where he lives or something.”

“We can try.” He nodded.