Why can't you say it? Pt.2

Y/N POV:

Did he say thank you? Thank you?! THANK YOU?!

Saiki moved his hand away from my chest and awkwardly scratched his head.

(Look, Y/N, it's not that I don't have feelings for you. You're the first girl to say "I love you" directly toward me. I never thought I would experience emotions like this, especially love. I have always been alone until I met some friends, and now  I also have you. I know it's selfish to ask, but could you give me time to process this and respond?)

Saiki apologetically held my hand and stared at me.

"I-"

"Y/N!" Teruhashi opened the door and ran up to me, hugging me. Then everyone else came inside. "Looks like dark reunion failed to get rid of Y/N." Kaido clenched his fist. "So glad you're okay. " Chiyo smiled

"Yeah, Saiki stayed to make sure you're okay. Young love, huh?"The atmosphere got entirely thick between Saiki and I. If he stayed at the hospital concerned, why can't he say three simple words back? Tortiuska then leans towards Saiki, whispering to him.

Pstt  "Ayo, Saiki, Did you or Y/N break up?"

"We didn't break up!" Saiki yelled. The room became quiet.

"Why don't we give Saiki and Y/N a moment to themselves." Teruhashi shooed the others to leave, then hugged me before Saiki, and I had a moment to ourselves.  "Look, Y/N, I'm sorry..."

"I'm sorry you're too scared to say I love you back."

"Y/N...." The doctor then came in and asked me to sign the getting-out papers. I signed the papers, and Saiki escorted me out of the hospital.

A few hours passed, and I was at the hotel with the girls.  "Hey! Guess what?" Chiyo exclaimed. "There's all you can eat buffet late at night?!" Mera's mouth drooled. "Close..."

"We're doing a beach get-together in a couple of minutes,"  Teruhashi exclaimed. "Will there be food?" Mera asked. We all sighed. This woman clearly can't live without food. "Yes, Mera, there would be food?" Chiyo sighed yet again. "Wouldn't we get in trouble? I mean, did we even get permission from the staff." I protested, of course. After everyone almost being hurt during the test of courage, it would be strange for the staff to let us have this event during night hours. "Well...I asked some staff if it was okay, and they said yes." Teruhashi explained. "You guys can go. I can stay here."  All the girls in the room looked at one another, then me, agitated. 

"Look, Y/N...We can all sense that something went down between you and Saiki before we entered the hospital room...Ow!"  Teruhashi then elbowed Chiyo. It was evident that Teruhashi didn't want me to talk about it or make me uncomfortable.

"Chiyo I don't think Y/N wants to-"

"I told Saiki that I loved him!" I screamed

The room went quiet for a second then all the girls cheered excitedly.

"Omg! Y/N Congratulations!" Chiyo hugged me.

"If you told Saiki you loved him, what's the problem?" Mera questioned

Teruhashi studied my face and sighed.

"He didn't say it back. Did he?"

I shook my head sideways in response.

"Oh, Y/N ...." Chiyo hugged me.

"Why don't you meet with the guys outside? I'll talk to Y/N."

All the girls headed outside, leaving me and Teruhashi, finally alone to talk.

SAIKI'S POV:

My name is Kusuo Saiki, and I'm psychic in love. Damn it! Why couldn't I say it back?! Y/N is probably pissed at me. It didn't seem like the right time to tell her, considering it was my fault she almost died or got hurt. I mean, it could get worse.

"Hey, Saiki!" Aren yelled, waving next to Kaido.

Nendo and I walked toward them to help them carry the food Nendo would prepare.

"Um, where's Hairo?" Kaido asked

(Hairo insisted on helping Nendo cook the food, but we both told him he could help us by getting wood and a fluid lighter to help us set fire.)

"Just got a text message; Hairo said he's coming."

"Just got a text message from Y/N. She said that the girls are on the way." Aren exclaimed

Oh, so Y/N is coming... she texted Aren but couldn't text me. I frowned, and Aren noticed.

"Hey man...we should talk."

I'm good, man.

"Look, I overheard Y/N saying she loves you."

I then stood silent.

"You don't seem like the kind of guy who shows that many emotions, but whenever you're with Y/N, you love her and do anything for her, even if you're scared to say it. I know earlier today you looked so angry and scared. What happened today was not your fault."

"It was, though, you don't understand. If I couldn't even protect her, what makes me have the right to say so? I love Y/N. I love her so much it hurts."

Aren looked straight ahead and smirked.

"Now you could tell her. She's right behind you."

Well...This is a bit embarrassing. I scratched the side of my head with my finger blushing.

"Um...Y/N. I-"

"Repeat it."

(I love you.)

She smiled back and responded.

(Close enough.)

Y/N grabbed my shirt and kissed me as the fireworks came across the sky.

"Tomorrow is the last of our trip."

(Yep, back to reality soon.) 

(Let's enjoy it.)

I grabbed her chin and deeply kissed her while we prepared for tomorrow's last day of our trip.