XViii| Snowflakes

Italics: Finnish

●▬▬▬▬▬ ⋆🧊🇫🇮 ⋆ ▬▬▬▬▬●

ᴺᴼᵂ ᴾᴸᴬᵞᴵᴺᴳ : Christmas saves the year

"With cheap décor and flavored cheer

You rest assured that Christmas saves the year"

For Anneli and her family in Switzerland, it was finally Christmas

For Anneli and her family in Switzerland, it was finally Christmas. Anneli's younger siblings, Rianna and Robin, had eagerly awaited the arrival of Santa Claus, who had been promised to deliver their gifts. Anneli knew better at her age but seeing her siblings get excited was something she loved.

Anneli hadn't been the most exciting child around Christmas, but she liked it a lot. Kimi and Minttu always put in a lot of effort with her, as they were with Rianna and Robin, so every year was still special.

Unlike many other areas of the world, it's a tradition in Finland to open gifts on what other countries considered Christmas Eve and the family had brought this tradition to Switzerland. It was natural for them, even if some of Anneli's friends found it crazy.

Honestly, Anneli never really cared about presents...not really. She wasn't a very materialistic person until it came to snowboards. She did like her snowboards and helmets. Otherwise, she didn't care about necklaces and tiaras.

Her parents, whom Anneli considered Minttu as as well, knew just that. So, when she was handed a very obvious-looking present, she grinned largely.

"You didn't!" Anneli gasped.

"Did you expect me not to buy you anything?" Kimi raised his eyebrow.

"It's just...I'm an adult so I would understand—"

"Shut up," Kimi muttered as he hugged his daughter. "I will never stop buying you Christmas presents."

"Love you dad," Anneli muttered.

Anneli tore the paper off the brand-new snowboard. Kimi got her a new board every couple of years but this was different...the board Anneli had broken when she broke up with Elijah had been her favourite. It was a gift from Mick and Sebastian the day she got into Formula 3 after the hard times she'd had.

They couldn't recreate that moment but they could make a new one.

Instead of the markings being for Formula 3, it now marked Formula 2 on the back of it, along with Anneli's racing number and the Finnish flag. The front of the board was decorated with snow mountains and the northern lights. It was simply beautiful.

To her amusement, the back of the board also had something inscribed on it.

Break her board and you die