Chapter 4

*Tyler Herro POV: Telling Erik Spoelstra that I'm pregnant*

Miami, Florida
3:00pm

"Oh hi coach!" Tyler Herro came to greet the head coach of the Miami Heat. "Ah Tyler! You're here! Have a seat," Tyler sits down on the chair as Erik Spoelstra, the head coach was planning to have a talk with him. "So what brings you here?" "Oh nothing much Coach, just went to the practice, but I didn't think I was being too critical on this team," Erik told him. "You're not in trouble Tyler, I just wanted to know what's going on with you, so what happened?" Tyler gulped not knowing if he was going to be in trouble or not.

Tyler Herro: Coach, I don't know if I tell you this but I'm concerned of late.

Erik Spoelstra: why? What happened?

Tyler Herro: Apparently, I started feeling sick during the practice.

Erik Spoelstra: Oh my, you could've called me so that I can check on you.

Tyler Herro: I know but the fact is that I have been feeling fatigued, have changes in my sleep schedule, I've been experiencing morning sickness every time I try to eat, I ended up throwing up many times and then I've been dizzy for the last couple of days.

Erik Spoelstra: Oh my. When did you start experiencing those symptoms?

Tyler Herro: yesterday and this morning.

Erik Spoelstra: Okay.

Tyler Herro: Coach I don't know what to say, but I'm-

Erik Spoelstra: what is it? Tell me Tyler.

Tyler Herro: I'm pregnant Coach. Please don't get mad at me, I didn't know how this happen, I was clueless I didn't know what to do.

Erik Spoelstra: it's okay Tyler, don't worry about it. At least, I'm happy that we're going to have a mini Robinson coming on their way. It's all good, I'm a father too and no matter what, I'll help you and Duncan with anything I can.

Tyler Herro: Thanks Coach, I was worried that you were going to be mad at me.

Erik Spoelstra: Nah, I'm not mad. It's just that you didn't tell me that you were expecting a baby and that's fine I understand.

Tyler Herro POV:

I was relieved that my head coach understands my situation because I know for a fact that I was telling myself that I didn't want to tell Erik Spoelstra because I know that he will be very strict about the unwanted pregnancies, but other than that, he was fine with it and told me not to worry about it knowing that he's also a father himself.

Erik Spoelstra: No matter what happens, I'd love to be your birth partner while Duncan goes to the game.

Tyler Herro: I know, but aren't you supposed to be in the game since?

Erik Spoelstra: I'll be fine. I just wanted to make sure that you're alright.

Tyler and Erik hugged each other after they talked about the situation that Tyler had been in.

Tyler sent the message to Duncan Robinson who was at his friend's house for his friend's baby shower

To: Tyler Herro

- So what did Coach Erik Spoelstra say about you being pregnant? Was he upset or was he fine with it?

- Duncan Robinson.

To: Duncan Robinson

- Oh Erik Spoelstra? Yes he was fine with it, he told me not to worry because he is a father himself and we will figure out what to do about the baby things.

- Tyler Herro.

To: Tyler Herro

- That's good and hey, tell him that he can be your birth partner while I'm away on the game if that's okay with him.

- Duncan Robinson

To: Duncan Robinson

- I think he knows so yeah. Plus, our head coach knows the firsthand of helping NBA players give birth to their babies.

- Tyler Herro.

To: Tyler Herro

- Oh wow, he must be the type of the male midwife then hehe.

- Duncan Robinson

To: Duncan Robinson

- I know because I believe his mother was training to be a midwife.

- Tyler Herro.

Well of course, Erik's mother had been training to become the midwife for a decade and if anything happens, Erik will be going to Tyler's hometown with him to accommodate the childbirth.

Erik Spoelstra: if there's anything else you need I'll be in my office.

Tyler Herro: Okay.

Erik Spoelstra: when's your doctor's appointment?

Tyler Herro: tomorrow.

Erik Spoelstra: Okay, I'll go with you.

- The next morning

Erik accompanies Tyler Herro to the prenatal checkup as he sat on the bed. The physician asked him.

Nurse: Are you Tyler Herro's dad?

Erik Spoelstra: Actually, I am his head coach.

Nurse: Okay, so we wanted to make sure that he and the baby are doing well and I would recommend for him to take prenatal vitamins regularly and if he reaches to his 4-5 months of pregnancy, he should be sidelined from the game for the rest of the NBA season until he gives birth to his baby.

Erik Spoelstra: sounds like a plan, I'll let him know.

Nurse: thank you.

15 minutes after doing the check up.

Erik Spoelstra has recommended Tyler Herro to be sidelined for the rest of the NBA seasons, but at least he can still lend a helping hand.