Memories

You stumble down the street, not entirely sure where you're going. Okay, maybe that's a lie. You do know where you're going, but you can't seem to stop yourself. 

It's late. Very late. And it's raining, fat blobs of water tumbling from the sky and landing on your face and shoulders and clothes. A shiver ripples through your body.

Your hand trails along the wall of a building, your fingertips collecting the grime. The world seems to swerve and tip a little around you, but you don't really care. You know the way there like the back of your hand.

Before you know it, you're at that familiar chipped, black door, using the doorframe to keep you upright as you ring the bell.

It takes a moment for him to get to the door and open it, revealing to you the green eyes and ebony black hair you've missed so much. A clumsy smile spreads across your face.

Loki freezes for a moment, his brow furrowing in confusion. "Y/n? What are you doing here?"

"I just wanna talk," Your words are slow and mix together easily; just like squash and water.

"Are you drunk?" He asks now, moving to lean against the doorframe.

"Noooooo," You slur, blinking to try to keep your vision in focus. "Why on Earth would I be drunk?"

A shiver runs through you again, the rain starting to fall heavier over your already drenched body.

"Wow," You laugh, looking around at the wet surroundings. "Is your bro upset or some shit?"

Loki sighs and moves out of the way, gesturing for you to come in. "You can come in, just don't be too noisy. I don't need any more complaints from my neighbours,"

"You've got complaints for being too noisy?" You ask, knowing how quiet he is. You pull off your rain-ruined pumps and put them as neatly as your drunken brain will allow by his shoe rack.

"I actually got complaints because of Thor,"

"Ohhhh," You walk further into Loki's apartment, enjoying the familiarity. It's been a couple months since you've been here... you didn't dare come back after the break up.

You're ushered into the kitchen, where Loki brews you a nice, warm mug of tea. You sit at his breakfast bar, sipping it and feeling it warm your insides.

"So," He starts. "Are you going to elaborate on why you're here?"

"I said," You take another sip. "I just wanna talk,"

"About what?"

You shrug. "I didn't have anything in mind,"

Loki sighs and rubs his temples. "So you came here from where?"

"The club I think... or it might've been somewhere else,"

"Who were you with?"

"Nat and Wanda,"

"And what happened to them?"

You freeze, mug halfway to your lips. That's a good question. You last remember talking to them... when did you last talk to them? You purse your lips, setting the cup back on the counter.

"What's with all the questions?" You groan as your vision begins to swim. "Are you a..." You wave your hands in the air, trying to think of the correct word. "Person with the flashy car?"

"Flashy car...? Oh, a cop?"

"Bingo! Ding, ding, ding! I am the weakest link, goodbye," You place your head on the table, your swimming vision only worsening.

Loki sighs. "Okay, I think it's time for you to go home,"

"Noooo," You protest, a round of hiccups starting.

"Well, where else are you going to go, huh? Why did you even come here in the first place? I find it hard to believe that you just came here to talk," Loki's harsh tone catches you off guard - in your drunken state, you have no idea how to react.

You sit back up, your lip quivering as tears form in your eyes. "I just miss you and I wanted to see you again. I want you to stay in my memories but I can't get you out of my head! Everywhere I go it's just Loki, Loki, Loki..." You sniffle and hiccup, wiping your eyes with your hands. "I know you didn't wanna be friends or lovers but I do! I can't sleep or do anything without you!"

You sigh, silent tears falling down your face. Loki doesn't respond, his expression too difficult to read. You flop your head back onto the counter, the smell of Loki's cologne wiggling it's way into your mind and acting as a sleeping drought - in a mere moment, you're out for the count.

~★~

Loki quickly notices you're asleep, his response dying on his tongue. He sighs again, rubbing his tired eyes. It seems you'll be staying with him tonight.

Your limbs start to sag, so he sweeps you into his arms before you end up on the floor with a bleeding head. A wave of sadness floods his heart as he carries you through his apartment to his bedroom - it hasn't been long since he was carrying you to his bed, happy grins on your faces.

He places you carefully down on the bed, making sure your head rests on the pillow as he tucks you in. It's not like he would've got any sleep anyway, so he doesn't mind giving up his bed.

Another wave of sadness hits him, harder this time - he hates seeing you in such a state, your words slurred and brain mushed up from drinking to forget him...

"For what it's worth," He whispers, tucking a hair behind your ear despite you being oblivious to his words and actions. "I feel the same as you."