Just Drawing

This was an anonymous request on Tumblr!
"hii, can i request loki watching the reader as they're drawing/painting and it's all just sweet and peaceful? :)"

~★~

The pencil glides across the paper, your eyes flicking up every few seconds to copy the sharp shape of his jawline or the smooth curve of his cheek.

The lines vary in thickness from thin, faint lines of detail to hard, clear outlines. It takes a while to get his nose the perfect shape - or at least, as perfect as you can get it. Next, you trace the shape of his eyes, wishing you had a green pencil to capture the beautiful, emerald colour of his irises.

Loki doesn't know you're drawing him - he sits quietly in front of you, a book in his lap opened and held carefully so as not to break the spine or dogear the pages. You too were planning on getting lost in the world of a book, but watching his chest rise and fall evenly as his eyes dart across each word was too wonderful of a sight to simply pass up on.

You begin focusing on the shading once the basic shape is completed, wishing your skill was good enough to capture the contentedness in his eyes, his large, ink-black pupils flitting back and forth over the pages; the peacefulness in his face and the way his hair curls and falls softly over his shoulders; the way he is so relaxed in your company, slightly slouched against the sofa while his legs are crossed one over the other.

You find yourself lost by his beauty; he takes your breath away. You're so caught up in attempting to encapsulate him and the feeling he gives you in one drawing that you don't notice his soft eyes flicking from his book to you, sparks of curiosity swimming around in a sea of silky, emerald green.

He's silent as he watches you, instantly guessing what you're doing. Your tongue is stuck out with concentration, your eyes squinting slightly at the pad of paper in your arms. Loki marvels at how beautiful you look, the face you make sending hoards of butterflies fluttering through his stomach and around his heart.

How did he ever find someone as amazing as you? You waltzed into his life like a ray of sunshine, your light magically healing and sealing his wounds. Yes, scars remain. And occasionally they'll open up once more, bleeding thickly into his mind and plaguing his every thought; but you're always there to clean the wounds. You stop the bleeding, your comforting hands and kisses leaving trails of love all over his body.

The corners of Loki's lips twitch upwards in a light smile - one he seems to be unable to suppress. He knows he should stop staring. Perhaps he should return to his book, leave you to finish your drawing unbeknownst to him watching you.

But curiosity gets the better of him.

"What are you up to, love?"

You freeze, eyes gravitating from the smudged paper to his face.

"Just, uh-" You clear your throat. "Just drawing,"

His smile grows. "May I see?"

You look back to the half-finished drawing of his face, cringing at all the imperfections you are yet to work on. "Well... perhaps when it's complete,"

"Alright. I can't wait, my dear," He mumbles, returning his gaze to his book - but not, however, reading a single word. His mind is preoccupied, never straying far away from the thought of you. 

Loki sighs after a few moments of indecision, making his book disappear in a flash of green and summoning his own sketch pad and pencils. You eye him sceptically, aware of his sudden movements.

"And what are you up to?" You ask.

"Just drawing," He replies, flashing you a grin before beginning to map out the shape of your face.

A small smile spreads across your features; one you don't intend on him seeing but know he does anyway. Loki quickly sketches out the curved shape of your lips, knowing he will likely be unable to see such a flustered yet beautiful smile again while he's drawing.