I'm Fine

This was a request from Tumblr:
"Hi! Can I request an established relationship with avenger!loki and reader where reader works in the med bay and loki gets hurt on a mission and is trying to avoid reader from finding out to not worry her but she finds out anyway and gets mad at him. kind of like fluff humor you can take it from there lol"

~★~

"Hey, Bruce," You call, running after the scientist as he rushes through the med bay, tablet in hand. "Bruce!"

"What's up, Y/n?" He asks, turning to face you. "Are you gonna ask if they've reconnected to Loki's comms again?"

You let out a breath. "How did you guess?"

Loki - your extremely loving partner - was sent on a mission earlier today along with some of the other Avengers. It's often for you to continue work while he's away; a usually vain attempt to distract your mind from the dangers he could be in.

"Yes, they reconnected a few moments ago. He's alright," Bruce's reassuring smile lifts a huge weight off of your shoulders. "Nat said he-"

Bruce is cut off by an urgent-sounding noise on his tablet. He taps a few times before speaking.

"Hey Tony. Everything good?"

A crackly voice leaves the device. "No... Clint i- injured... retur- base."

"Got it. Get JARVIS to send me the details."

"Will do, over... ou-"

The call ends and Bruce visibly tenses. "Y/n. Go prepare and meet me and the team in Surgery 2."

Your relief instantly fades away to jittery nerves. You nod and turn around, quickly heading to grab your scrubs.

The pace around you picks up as word spreads over the incoming Avengers - no one is entirely sure how bad Clint is injured, but Bruce fears the worst. It doesn't take long for you to prepare - your hands are washed, scrubs, gloves and an apron are on, a disposable mask covers your nose and mouth and your hair is tied up tightly.

You file into the room with the rest of your team and begin setting up the equipment, readying supplies that will likely be needed. The thought of Loki niggles at the back of your mind. You're annoyed you can't meet him on the landing pad as usual. But it's not like him to just... disappear in the middle of a mission. Something must have happened...

You attempt to push the thoughts away. Your top priority now is to take care of Clint; to make sure he survives.

"The Avengers have landed in the Quinjet. Dr Banner says to be ready," JARVIS' mechanical voice rings down from the ceiling; you take a deep breath and ready yourself to do what you do best.

Bruce and the porter wheels a sedated Hawkeye into the bay; everyone gets to work straight away, Bruce overseeing the procedure.

It takes over two hours of surgery. Clint had lost a lot of blood from cuts and bruises everywhere. His worst injury, however, was a large piece of debris wedged in his lower abdomen - it took a lot of effort to remove the debris without causing any extra trauma. With some donor blood in his system and a few stitches here and there, the surgery was concluded and Clint was wheeled to a bay to come to his senses.

"Well done Y/n, you did good in there," Bruce congratulates, offering a smile. "Have the day off, you deserve it. I'll get one of the others to do the paperwork,"

You sigh quietly, happy to have some time off. "Thanks Banner. Don't overwork yourself! I'll come check on Clint later today."

"See you later,"