What if Morrowseer found out about Sunny? Part 1

Time...

Space...

Reality...

It's more than a linear path...

It's a prism of endless possibility...

Where a single choice can branch off into infinite timelines...

Creating alternate stories from the ones you know...

I am the The Watcher...

I am your guide through these vast new timelines...

So follow me... 

and ponder the question...

What if?

***

The story of the dragonets of destiny is one known by all. A story so important and pivotal, it changes the fate of many timelines. In many stories, one of those dragonets is a certain nightwing, sandwing hybrid. The bubbly and optimistic Sunny is always key to stopping the war of sandwing succession. Her compassion, and kindness are what make her so unique and tends to win dragons over. Little did Sunny know for most of her time as a dragonet, she was actually far more special than she would've ever thought. The child of a nightwing animus and a leader of outlaws, Sunny's light would make many timelines far better by its presence. But what if Sunny knew of her heritage at an earlier age? What if the same dragons that used her father ensnared her with their talons? What if Sunny grew up on the Nightwing island?

Timeline 27

What if Morrowseer found out about Sunny?

How could he?! That's was the only thought in Morrowseer's head as he paced back and forth in his cave. How could Stonemover just leave?! The large dragon could feel his blood boil every time he thought about it. This was unprecedented! A nightwing leaving without permission! Not just any nightwing, but their one and only animus! He growled as if the traitor was in his presence at the moment. If any of their plans went wrong they needed his magic to make sure everything went smoothly. The worst part, Stonemover was the only dragon with animus blood on the island! Which meant no chance of having another animus dragon at all. Unless they could find their missing animus, but they had no luck. He turned towards Secretkeeper, who was already sleeping at the other end of the cave. The little amount of torchlight illuminated her. It was rare for a dragon on the island to have such shiny scales. It perfectly suited her sharp wit. Morrowseer immediately went back to being angry. 

That rotten animus was supposed to help secure the nightwing's future! Secretkeeper's future! His future dragonet's future! Instead he went off to go frolicking with a sandwing. Then he had to go and leave her too! Oh how he hated that sandwing. That conniving cactus eater wanted his magic for herself. She fed Stonemover lies to the point he didn't think he needed to serve his tribe anymore. Serving the tribe was any nightwing's ambition. Any nightwing's purpose! Then Morrowseer stopped. His pacing came to an abrupt halt. It felt as if the cave walls were getting brighter as he put the pieces together. What if that sandwing thought ahead? What if she forced Stonemover to have an egg with her so her line would now carry animus magic? If they could get their claws on that egg and bring it here. Then they wouldn't need Stonemover. After a few generations, it would be like his betrayal never happed! Morrowseer's frown slowly became a small, cooked smile. He would meet with Quickstrike in a few days. Then he would use the assassin to find out if his theory was correct.