What if Blaze was smarter? Part 1

Time...

Space...

Reality...

It's more than a linear path...

It's a prism of endless possibility...

Where a single choice can branch off into infinite timelines...

Creating alternate stories from the ones you know...

I am The Watcher...

I am your guide through these vast new timelines...

So follow me...

and ponder the question...

What if?

***

Not every dragon is born for greatness. Some are too entitled to work hard, some are too scared to make a difference, and some just never get the chance. Blaze, despite all the odds, became one of those dragons. Daughter to one of the most revered sandwing queens of all time, Blaze had every opportunity to make something of herself, to leave a lasting mark on her timeline. She could've been a warrior, a strategist, an artist, or even a good cook. But Blaze in the original timeline is none of these things. Squandering her potential to chase jewels and riches. In the original timeline, all she will be remembered for is being the "joke," the dainty ditzy princess that lost the war. In the timelines of infinite possibility however, there is always another version that is better, where we get to see that potential realized. Timeline's where Blaze's less, favorable qualities are toned down. What If Blaze was friends with Smolder? What If she saw through her sister's plan? What if Blaze wasn't as dumb as everyone thought?

***

Timeline 174

What if Blaze was smarter?

Blaze

Blaze knew what other dragons thought about her. She was silly, stupid, a ditzy idiot waiting to die. Like that one time, her sisters tried to convince her that a crown their mother gave her was out in the desert somewhere. During an incoming sandstorm. When Blaze heard this she was appalled. Do they really think I'm that stupid? That I would fall for an obvious, silly trap like that!? I mean, Agave stole her crown and hid it, according to Camel who heard from Parch?! Blaze could immediately tell the obvious lie, despite loving to gossip. Even if the crown was out there, its not like Blaze would risk her life for it. Its true the object meant a lot to her, and mother might not like the fact that she "lost" it, but there were worse things. Like Death. Blaze was currently hiding in the library, huddling in the back corner behind a wall of scrolls. Until now, she hadn't realized how bad this family was.

Her sisters wanted her dead. One was seven, and one was nine, and both of them wanted their two year old sister dead! How could they be so cruel, to commit such horrific actions. Would they even miss her when she was gone, would they feel a shred of guilt? Blaze recalled Blister and Burn's cold dark expressions she'd seen multiple times. She guessed that wouldn't be the case. Why? Blaze knew she wasn't cut out for this. Why do I have to be in this family, why do I have to the youngest sibling, why do I have to be the target?!