What If Blaze was Smarter? Part 2

Time...

Space...

Reality...

It's more than a linear path...

It's a prism of endless possibility...

Where a single choice can branch off into infinite timelines...

Creating alternate stories from the ones you know...

I am The Watcher...

I am your guide through these vast new timelines...

So follow me...

and ponder the question...

What if?

***

One dragon's life has the potential to affect others in multiple ways. Ways that are unexpected, ways that are cruel, and ways that bring an unimaginable amount of happiness. In the timelines of infinite possibility... one sandwing princess has the power to affect hundreds. With a far different attitude and lease on life, this version of Blaze has developed an ideology all her own. Not like the brawn of Burn, or the wicked brain of Blister, something entirely different. Something that will slowly change dragon's view of her, and impressing those who already noticed. The Blaze she presents isn't the true one, wearing a mask to hide her fear. This Blaze has her own vision for the future. One she will fight to make a reality. What if Smolder had escaped? What if Blaze had more sandwings on her side? What if Blaze broke the rules?

***

Timeline 174

What if Blaze was smarter?

Oasis

Blaze was... different. This was something Oasis knew all too well. When her third daughter came into the world, Oasis had always known she would be at a disadvantage. The dragonet would have two smarter, stronger siblings who already had allies among the soldiers in the palace. One who was large and strong, and one who was cunning. If this dragonet was just, average... they'd stand no chance against Burn and Blister.

Blaze... certainly wasn't average. She was short sighted, lazy, clingy, and dramatic. But, she was only one who was truly vulnerable with her emotions. She was the only one with true friends, she was the only one that interacted with her brothers, she was the only one who seemed... truly happy. With all the odds stacked against her, she was still finding a way to live her life. Surely even she must know what what danger she's in, especially with the family she has. Even with all this, Blaze still continued to be herself. Her naive outlook on the world was almost amusing.

Oasis didn't think Blaze would be a good queen, but perhaps... "Mother! Mother! I need your help with something!" Blaze ran up to her and held out two earrings in her claws. One was silver with an alexandrite gem hanging from the end of it. The other was a diamond-shaped amber hanging off of a small golden hoop. "Which one is a better gift for a... certain really cute dragon?" Oasis thrown from her thoughts almost smiled, shaking her head in disbelief. You truly are an anomaly Blaze, one I cannot help but be transfixed by. One of the biggest questions I want answers to... is where you will go in life.