What if Icewings discovered Pantala? Part 1

Time...

Space...

Reality...

It's more than a linear path...

It's a prism of endless possibility...

Where a single choice can branch off into infinite timelines...

Creating alternate stories from the ones you know...

I am the The Watcher...

I am your guide through these vast new timelines...

So follow me...

and ponder the question...

What if?

***

Icewings are a tribe that are resistant to change. Their society stagnates and their leaders benefit from that stagnation. Known for being cold and calculating, Icewings are the most isolated tribe, living far beyond what many dragons can reach. In this timeline however, one gift by one of their animus dragons would change everything. Crystalized, a dragon who lived before Diamond, before, Arctic, and before Darkstalker. In most timelines he is a normal Icewing who makes no significant impact, but in this story, Crystalized is blessed with animus magic and per Icewing rules, is allowed to give one gift to the tribe. This gift opens up a new world for the icewings, a place with new landscapes, new magic, and new dragons. What if the Icewing tribe made a significant change before Snowfall? What if the Hivewings were never created? What if Darkstalker was never born?

Timeline 364

What if Icewings discovered Pantala? 

Crystalized had no idea what his gift would be. Well, that's wasn't entirely true, he knew what gift he wanted to give the tribe, but it could also be seen as useless or cause him to be hated. So he had to think of something more practical. Maybe he made some jewlery that made Icewings' icebreath stronger!? No, that would be used for war  Crystalized didn't want the deaths of other dragons on his conscious. How about, a scroll that wrote words of wisdom for dragons that needed it!? Nah, not cool or big enough. A plates that made food out of thin air!? Something probably already existed like that. Like a constant electric shock, his mind went back to his previous idea. The idea he first thought of when he was discovered to have animus magic. Surely, it couldn't be the worst idea for a gift ever, but maybe it was a bit too big. This gift could possibly change the Icewing way of life, and how his tribe felt about the outside world. The gift would surely be not liked by many Icewings if not most Icewings, and Crystalized couldn't see any practical uses for it besides he thought it was cool. What to do, what to do. His mind was constantly rotating bad ideas in and out, before ultimately thinking about his first idea again and shutting himself down.

It was hopeless, his gifting ceremony was in month and he hadn't even thought of a good idea yet. He was to travel to the palace in a few days to prepare for his ceremony. Where many Icewings, including all the elites in society as well as his parents, sister, oh yeah and the QUEEN HERSELF would watch him unveil his gift. It was too much for the seven year old dragon to handle. For most of his life he was a dragonet who sat in the seventh circle, like most Icewings that lived at the edge of the kingdom. His hometown of Among-the-Evergreens was peaceful, and avoided the staunched rigidness that he heard of inside the palace. The highest ranking Icewings here were in the sixth circle because they were the town leaders. Him and his fellow dragonets were told that one day, if they worked hard enough, they would be noticed by the town leaders and promoted to the sixth circle. Then, if they got really lucky,  they'd be promoted to fifth circle and get to live near the palace.