Tommy...

will pov

"Tommy!" I shout loudly. "Come downstairs!"

"One second!" My brother yelled back.

"Just a warning, he is very loud and will probably assume your my gir-" I say but got interrupted by Tommy running down the stairs.

He dramatically gasped. "DID WILBY GET A GIRLFRIEND?!" Just as I suspected. I love him, but he always found a way to embarrass me in front of people, just like George.

Hence why I never really bring anyone over besides George, even though I don't actually know anyone else.

I sigh and facepalm myself. I hear Shelby laugh beside me. "Uh I'm not his girlfriend, just his friend. It's nice to meet you Tommy. I'm Shelby."

"Your a woman and friends with Wilbur?!? This is a miracle! Or did he pay you to be his friend??"

"Tommy." I warned. He shrugged, putting his hands up in front of him like people do when they are innocent and accused of something. But Tommy was nowhere close to being innocent.

"He did not pay me, no." Shelby giggled. "Uh, can someone tell me where the bathroom is please? I've had to use it since the coffee shop."

"It's the last door to the right down the corridor upstairs." I point in the direction. She thanks me and walks away up the stairs.

When I heard the bathroom shut, I turned to Tommy. "Please do not embarrass me Tommy. At least not in front of her." I plead.

"Ooh, does Wilby have a crush??" He teases.

"Don't you dare tell her. I really really like her, so please try not to scare her off."

"Okay. I won't. But she's nice. You picked a good one." Tommy pats me on the shoulder. "The only flaw is that she's American." He grimaces.

I roll my eyes. "Did you do all your homework?"

"Yep!"

"Good. If you want to, you can stay downstairs with me and Shelby." I tell him. Even though he embarrasses me a lot, he's real funny and I love having him around.

"I'll probably stay." I nod. Tommy and I talk a little about how his school day was while we waited for Shelby.

"So what do you guys wanna do?" She asks when she makes it down the stairs.

"Can we watch a movie?!" Tommy shouts.

"Sure, I'm fine with that. What about you?" Shelby questioned, turning her head to face me.

I nod. "Yeah, that's good. What movie do you want?"

"Tommy can pick." She said.

"Yes!! Thank you Shelby. Wilbur never lets me pick! Can we watch Hamilton?" Tommy jumped up and down in excitement as Shelby laughed at him.

"Hamilton is a great choice. Let's watch it." She smiled. "Also, I notice Tommy and your mom call you Wilbur?" She says to me.

"Wilbur is a nickname that my parents gave me when I was little, so Tommy says it to. I've also noticed you call me William, but you can call me Will, or Wilbur. " I explain. "Just call me what you like."

"It seems like Wilbur is what your family calls you though, so I'll just call you Will." She smiles. I nodded.

The three of us moved to the lounge and sat down on the sofas. In our lounge there was a 2 seat sofa right in front of the television and a single sofa to the side.

Tommy rushed to the single sofa and snickered when I realized why. He's just...well, Tommy.

Shelby sat down on the 2 seat sofa and I followed her, awkwardly sitting next to her, leaving just enough space between us to not make her feel weird.

"I promise I don't have a contagious disease. You don't need to social distance yourself from me." She laughed.

I chuckled, but stiffly from embarrassment. She probably thinks I'm a nutcase!

Nutcase? Where the fuck did that come from?! God, I'm getting old.

"I- i'm so sorry! I didn't realize what I just said. I honestly don't care. You can sit as far as you want. I don't want you to be uncomfortable!" She rambled. 

Tommy snorted and I glared at him, which just made him burst into laughter. Shelby slid her back down and buried her face into the side of the sofa.

I scoot over to the right and nudge her with my shoulder. "You can't watch the greatest musical of all time with your head like that." She looked up to me and smiled.

"You guys are a cute couple and all but can you shush? It's starting!" Tommy announced.

"We aren't da-" Shelby started to say, but Tommy interrupted her.

"I said shush!!" He said with a smirk. I rolled my eyes and brought my attention to the television.

"How does a bastard, orphan, son of a whore and a Scotsman, dropped in the middle of a forgotten spot, in the Caribbean by providence impoverished in squalor, grow up to be a hero and a scholar-"

~~~

You guys see my little Lovejoy reference MWAHAHHAHA!