Tfa|| Prowl x reader

Fidgeting nervously in the hallway you stare at Prowl's berthroom room and wondering for the umpteenth time whether this was a good idea.

'What if he thinks the whole thing is childish? What if he's uncomfortable around the crowd? No I probably shouldn't even bother him in the first place, after all his duties are much more important than this.'

However just as you were about to back out, you feel a familiar presence behind you. "Is there something particularly interesting about the walls?"

Gulping anxiously you turn round coming face to face with the very bot you had been looking for. "H— hey Prowl, uh no actually I was hoping to ask you something." Then you added nervously. "But if your too busy then I—"

"No I'm free for the moment." Replied the ninja bot patiently. "What is it you'd like to ask me?"

'Well here goes nothing!' Composing yourself with a deep breath you began to explain. "Ok so do you remember me talking about Rainbow Stage?"

"Was that the open stage-like theatre that does live broadway performances out by Kilidon park, Winnipeg?" Prowl asked raising an optic ridge.

"The very same." You confirmed. "Anyway today they're hosting the live production of 'the Wizard of Oz' and originally I was planning on attending with my cousin, but she bailed out at the last minute and since I still have her ticket I was wondering if maybe—" starting to feel sheepish you glance down at the ground and shuffle your feet. "If maybe you'd be interested in joining me." Bracing yourself for the mockery you look up at Prowl to gage his expression.

The ninja bot's blue visor perked up in astonishment clearly not expecting to have been invited to a peaceful outing. "I—I— why yes I'd love to."

"You would?!?! I have to warn my 'jumping' abilities might leave you with the cybertronian equivalent to an upset stomach." You had a rare and special ability to teleport or 'jump' to any place in the world. (Look up Doug Liman's 2008 sci-fi/thriller Jumper for further understanding of said ability.)

"I've dealt with far worse than a case of churning tanks (Y/N)." Replied the ninja bot smoothly now recovering from his initial shock. "Besides I've been wanting to take a break from all the usual chaos around here lately."

"From the cons or the more hyperactive members of our crew?" You asked.

"Both." Deadpanned Prowl. "Anyway just let me ask Optimus if he can spare me for a few hours."

"Sure thing Prowler, I'll just wait right here for you." Leaning against a wall you watched as Prowl walked off in search of Optimus. As soon as he was out of sight you let out a little cheer of excitement.

You'd been looking forward to seeing this performance for weeks and now that your best friend was tagging along you couldn't be happier.

Only you saw him as more than just a friend.

As completely absurd as it may seem, you just couldn't help but harbour romantic feelings towards the cyber ninja. Especially considering his good qualities such as: honourable, smart, strong, levelheaded, gentle, loyal, and lost goes on.

However you never dared tell Prowl how you truly felt about him for fear of losing the precious friendship the both of you had forged during his time here on earth.

Snapping your focus back to reality you glanced up in time to see Prowl walking over to you. "Optimus says that he'll get Bumblebee to cover my duties for today. So when does the performances start?"