21

•┈••✦ ❤ ✦••┈•

•┈••✦ ❤ ✦••┈•

"You first," Monie said to Harry as we stand a distance away from the Horcrux resting on a log. Last night was our first night sleeping in the tent in this forest and it was bloody cold. I'm starting to realize I took a lot of things for granted.

"Dissendium!" Harry fires a spell at the Horcrux, causing a small explosion but it doesn't break. Instead, it makes a screeching sound.

"Incendio!" Monie fires a spell that covers the Horcrux in flames but once again, it doesn't break.

I sit on a log as Harry continues to cast spells that don't break or destroy the Horcrux. He then picks it up and puts it around his neck.

"What are you doing?" Monie asks him as Ron sits down next to me with his arm in a sling.

"We have to keep it safe, until we find out how to destroy it," Harry answers her and tucks it into his shirt.

"Seems strange, mate," Ron pipes up. "Dumbledore and your uncle," he looks at me and then back at Harry, "sends you both off to find all these Horcruxes but doesn't tell you how to destroy them. Doesn't that bother you?"

"It's a pain in the ass," I mumble as Harry walks away to the tent.

"I'm going back to the tent," Ron mutters and gets up, walking away.

I sigh and stand up, walking over to Monie. "I think they're both exhausted."

"Aren't we all?" Monie whispers and I give her a nod as we walk toward the tent. "How did we end up in all of this? We're just kids."

"I don't know," I whisper back and throw my arm over her shoulder, leaning my head against hers as we walk. "I wish life was easier."

"Same," she admits weakly.

I slowly take my arm off Monie's shoulder as we walk closer to Harry, and I notice him looking worried while sucking in deep breaths of air.

"I thought it had stopped," Monie said to him. "You can't keep letting him in, Harry."

"You-know-who had found Gregorovitch," Harry informs us as I sit down next to Monie.

"The wandmaker?"

"He wants something that Gregorovitch used to have, but I don't know what. But he wants it desperately. I mean, it's as if his life depends on it," Harry snaps his head toward the tent as Ron changes the radio station.

"Don't!" Monie warns him. "It comforts him."

"It sets my teeth on edge. What's he expecting to hear, good news?" Harry snaps and I look at him confused. He never acts like this toward Monie. Never.

"I think he just hopes he doesn't hear bad news," I said carefully to Harry. "None of us want to hear if someone we know has passed, but it's best we know, in case."