iii. like n comment

changmin knows that he will end up regretting this. he shouldn't be hanging out with his crush who already has a boyfriend and that is his best friend chanhee. this will end up ruining their relationship.

and, shouldn't juyeon be with chanhee right now? why did he look so unbothered?

changmin is currently waiting on juyeon at a bench near the local park that a group of kids play. he knows that this his chance to walk away from juyeon because this will surely ruin his heart. not only is he doing something he isn't supposed to do, but he's enjoying it.

he secretly likes it.

hanging out with his crush because he had never gotten the chance to. always hiding away because he's afraid that possibly juyeon won't feel the same. which is why he always tried to pretend or ignore his feelings weren't there because he knew that he and juyeon would never really happen. until, chanhee had randomly announced he was dating juyeon out of the blue, which made him realize his heart ache and how he really does like juyeon.

but it's too late now, juyeon is taken and looks happy about it. there's no way juyeon would leave chanhee for him, and even if that was possible, changmin wouldn't let that happen.

just then, a popsicle suddenly appears on changmin's sight and he glances to his side to see juyeon handing him one. "what're you thinking about?" juyeon asks as he takes a seat beside the brunette.

changmin shrugs, grabbing the popsicle and unwrapping it. "shouldn't you be with chanhee right now?" changmin can't help but wonder.

juyeon's eyebrows knit in confusion and he tilts his head to the side at the thought of his boyfriend. "chanhee? why?"

changmin shrugged. "i saw him today, but he said he was going to go see you. did he not call you..?"

juyeon takes his phone out and sees that no incoming calls from his boyfriend were on screen. "nope. he hasn't called me nor texted me."

changmin's brows furrowed. "shouldn't you be..." changmin trailed off, unsure if maybe what he'll say is the right thing to say.

"worried?" juyeon completes his sentence, startling changmin by how fast he was to know. juyeon sighs and takes a bite from his popsicle, changmin observes him. "it's okay. i know he wouldn't do that...i mean, i believe he wouldn't. and even if he did, i wouldn't be mad about it. it happens. we're not destined to stay together for the rest of our lives. we're just a couple until the universe lets us be. i'm not expecting us to be together for our entire lives, so, it's fine. i'm fine, i'm sure he is too." juyeon finishes off, his gaze stays looking ahead at the park instead of looking at changmin.

the brunette boy doesn't know what to say next. he wasn't really sure what to say. he didn't know if he wanted to even continue the conversation knowing it'll possibly end with him ruining his own heart. the best he could do was eat his popsicle in hopes to finish and leave before his feelings would increase more than he wanted them to.

but, juyeon seems to have different plans.

"do you have cats..?" juyeon asks, glancing back at the brunette head.

changmin shrugs. "no..."

"oh, so you just like them in general?"

"yeah. they're cute and peaceful to look at."

"you're a cat lover then?"

"i suppose...why?" changmin meets juyeon's gaze. bad mistake. changmin averts his gaze quickly and instead looks at the ground, trying to calm his heart down.

juyeon shrugs and looks away from changmin, looking back at the park across from them.  "no reason. just wanted to talk."

changmin notices from the side of his eye that juyeon had moved his gaze elsewhere and he slowly looks back at him. "if you want to tell me something just say it. i don't want to answer your questions if it's not something you're truly interested in. i'll just be wasting my breath in questions that don't matter to both of us. so, just say what you really want to tell me." changmin explained calmly, and despite his harsh words, he didn't sound like he meant it to sound rude. he was just being honest.