iv. a moment w him

the sun is setting by the time they arrive at jeju island. there are two cars they rented, one where changmin goes with younghoon, sunwoo, juhaknyeon, and younghoon's girlfriend, sukja. changmin sits in the back with juhaknyeon and sunwoo beside his sides; younghoon drives and sukja sits in the passenger seat. kevin, jacob, chanhee, and juyeon drive in the other car. changmin obviously didn't want to ride with them, it'll be awkward if he did.

he enjoyed the view of the beach as younghoon drove to the hotel they'll be staying at. changmin would be rooming with sunwoo, and younghoon with his girlfriend, juhaknyeon with his friend hyunjae, kevin with his boyfriend jacob, and lastly chanhee with juyeon. it was clearly the only way they'd be rooming with each other. partners together, and friends together.

when getting there sunwoo quickly put his luggage on the floor and jumped on the bed. "ah~ so soft," sunwoo exhaled at the feeling of the cozy mattress.

changmin smiled to himself as he watched his friend get himself comfortable on the bed. the brunette then made his way to the other bed near a nice window view of the ocean. he couldn't help take out his phone and take a photo of it. the sound that his phone makes when he clicks on the button causes sunwoo to quickly sit back up.

"are you taking a photo of me?" sunwoo asks, getting ready to pose.

changmin turns around and chuckles when he sees the black haired boy posing. "what, no.." changmin replies, and sunwoo frowns and lays back on the bed. changmin sits on his own bed and looks back at sunwoo. "would you like me to take one?" the brunette questions.

sunwoo shakes his head and waves off a hand. "nah, it's fine."

changmin shrugs. "k then.."

then, abruptly sunwoo sits back up and faces changmin, making the other slightly jump from the sudden serious expression on his face. "what do you think about chanhee and juyeon?" suwoo asks, in which changmin flinches.

"er...what do you mean..?" changmin slowly questions even though he already knows what the other means.

"i mean," sunwoo exhales, "isn't it weird? that they just randomly got together? doesn't chanhee-hyung look a bit...not interested?"

changmin flinches again when he hears sunwoo sudden thought. he really doesn't need to be hearing these things when he's trying to move on from his feelings for juyeon. but, sunwoo doesn't notice how changmin doesn't want to talk about them as he continues saying his thoughts out loud. "they're just so...not fit for each other..! who knows what could happen! juyeon could end up being just a playboy and he might not even like chanhee the same way! it's just...so weird..! i don't get it, what does chanhee see in him? seriously, i think he should—"

"sunwoo," changmin interrupts, making the other finally acknowledge him. changmin doesn't meet sunwoo's eyes when he tells him: "i think you really shouldn't be talking about their relationship that way...if they're happy together than that should be all that matters, okay? anyway, i think i'm gonna go get some fresh air." changmin quickly stands up and walks out their room, feeling somewhat uncomfortable and annoyed from the topic of chanhee and juyeon.

it was foolish of him to be acting this way. it's not like sunwoo knows about his problem, he was just simply asking something. maybe changmin should've stayed a little more calmer than deciding to run away from sunwoo. what if sunwoo ends up finding out about his crush for juyeon? what if his stupid crush on juyeon ends up ruining his friendship with chanhee and everyone else?

changmin doesn't want to see that happen. he suddenly regrets reacting that way when sunwoo had asked that question.

changmin groans out in frustration when he realizes what a mistake he has done. he was currently walking by himself in an empty hallway when out of nowhere, juyeon appears. the brunette stops in his tracks when he notices juyeon walking towards him with a bag of chips in his hands.