xi. jacuzzi

at the end of the day, after returning back to the hotel, late at night they all went down the pool to hang around there. changmin had been playing pool volleyball with sunwoo and juyeon and haknyeon for a while now, so when it's finally all over, he walks out the pool and speed runs to the jacuzzi in the end of the pool. he's surprised to see hyunjae there, wearing a pair of black shades and his arms out, his phone in his hand. 

"oh, changmin, c'mon in," hyunjae gestures, only making matters worse of changmin to actually want to join him. but when changmin dips his foot in the oh so freshening hot water, he can no longer fight his thoughts to not go in. his whole body dips down to the steaming water. 

"oh my, this is so amazing," changmin mumbles under his breath as he lets his muscles relax, closing his eyes. 

hyunjae chuckles softly. "i know, right? you should've hopped in sooner," he says, putting his phone aside and letting his eyes wander down to changmin. 

suddenly, changmin feels eyes watching him and he quickly flutters his eyes open. "hey! why're you staring?" changmin calls out, trying his best to hide his exposed body. 

hyunjae laughs wickedly. "sorry," he says, even though he was still smiling wide. 

"wacko," changmin mutters quietly, but it doens't go unheard by the older. 

"did you just call me wacko?" hyunjae questions, nearing closer to changmin. 

changmin tries to escape from hyunjae, but the tub is too small and hardly anywhere he can turn to. "hey, don't come any closer," changmin says, feeling his body suddenly crept in blush. he hopes it's because of the steaming hot water and not because of hyunjae's actions.

though, hyunjae isn't given any time to do anything else further than that as someone suddenly intrudes their space by hopping in the tub. changmin snaps his attention to juyeon who now sits beside him, close that their shoulders were touching.

"how's everything going, hyunjae? liking the vacation?" juyeon speaks, putting his arm around changmin's shoulder, pulling the younger closer to him. 

hyunjae backs away, shrugging his shoulders. "it's going great. really great. i could say it's the same for you, right?" 

"yeah, totally agree with you," juyeon plainly replies back. 

"yeah, i heard this is like, your first time hanging out with them? where's the person who invited you either way?" hyunjae's words make juyeon flinch, changmin notices this. the younger peaks to glance at the boy beside him. juyeon looks a bit pissed. 

"he's having fun, we're all having fun. aren't we?" juyeon says. 

hyunjae smiles proudly, shrugging his shoulders. "absolutely, man." 

⋆。゚☁︎。⋆。 ゚☾ ゚。⋆

hyunje shortly after wards leaves after succeeding making the atmosphere awkward and tense. when he's gone juyeon makes his way to the other side of the tub, so now he was face to face staring at changmin, though, he doesn't meet his gaze. 

changmin lets a beat of silence get to them, before he opens his mouth and sighs softly. "are you okay...?" he wonders. 

juyeon slowly meets changmin's gaze. "not really...not right now anyway." 

"what's wrong?" changmin asks, about to scoot closer towards the older but holds himself back, remaining in his spot.  

"nothing...it's fine. just, thinking," juyeon tries to brush it off. 

changmin raises his brows curiously. "about what?" 

juyeon stays silent for a bit, deciding whether or not to say. his reply is to wave it off and change the conversation, but he second-guesses it and figures it'd be better to speak with changmin than to push him away. "it's just...i'm afraid people will think i'm cheating on chanhee when they realize i'm spending more time with you...but, they don't know chanhee and i aren't really dating...it's just fake," juyeon explains. 

"then why don't we just tell them?" 

"i can't. we can't. not until chanhee finally gets what he wants. which is—" 

"sunwoo," changmin finished off. 

juyeon hums, "exactly." 

"we can help them. well, i can help sunwoo be more aware of chanhee's feelings...soon enough, they'll be together," changmin suggests. 

juyeon perks interest in this, his lips forming into a pleasant smile. "oh yes, that'd be such a great idea...!" juyeon exclaims quietly, suddenly inching closer to changmin. 

changmin smiles softly. "perfect, right?" 

juyeon nods his head as his hands find their way to changmin's waist, unconsciously changmin flinches by the touch. he doesn't hate it, it's not uncomfortable, it just surprised him. "so perfect," juyeon whispers, softly caressing changmin's skin. 

changmin's face blooms redder than it already has. this steaming water wasn't helping him at all. flustered and feeling a bit dizzy, changmin for unknown reasons abruptly places a quick kiss on juyeon's cheek. he looks around afterwards, to see if anyone noticed them, but no one was watching them as they were too busy trying to win a game (also because the jacuzzi was a bit far away from the main pool). 

changmin escapes from juyeon's hold and he goes out the jacuzzi to join the others, completely embarrassed but not disappointed. juyeon is a bit dazed to do anything, he wonders what he can do. what was possible to do that wasn't a very fast-paced action? 

juyeon's heart felt like it was about to burst from anticipation and desire. 

it's almost summer! yk what that means, right~?