ix. iwantu

"changmin told me you know now," juyeon speaks. they're now sitting on a bench outside the hotel, the night accompanys them. 

changmin hums nervously. "yes...i know about you two." 

"okay, so you know it's all fake?" 

"yes." 

"then you understand what that means?" juyeon stared at changmin, not knowing the other was oblivious as to what he means by what he said. upon seeing changmin's puzzlment, juyeon lets out a sigh. his head falls down as he stared at the ground in anticipation.

 "it means...i don't have any reason not to date you," juyeon confesses. he looks back at changmin with a now attentive expression. 

"what?" changmin whispers, still in confusion. 

what exactly did that mean? 

juyeon's gaze softened. "i think i'm starting to like you, changmin." 

changmin's entire mind went blank and the only thing he felt was his heart beating against his chest, it sounded as if it were beating behind his ears too. changmin stared at juyeon as if he were frozen. the brunette didn't know what to say, nor how to react. 

he had been thinking he would be the one needing to confess his feelings, but juyeon just went ahead and said that...did that mean he didn't have to confess? 

"i'm starting to develop feelings for you and...to be honest, i don't know if i should or if it's even the right choice." 

changmin's brows furrowed in confusion. "what, why?" 

juyeon frowns and he looks away from changmin's stare, feeling a bit guilty for unknown reasons. 

changmin's anticipation gets the best of him, and before he knows it, he speaks out-loud his thoughts. "i like you, juyeon." 

juyeon flinches, and he slowly meets changmin's stare. "i like you romantically, juyeon. i've liked you ever since...it might seem crazy since we hardly know each other but i've had a crush on you since the first semester of school. we've never talked this much before, but i liked you in the sidelines — don't worry though, i don't care if you didn't notice me. anyway, i really do like you juyeon," changmin confesses, his nervousness getting the best of him that he didn't even know what he was saying out-loud. he felt his entire body feel fill with heat and warmth that it was noticeable that he was blushing. 

juyeon's lips twitch, and he unconsciously let his impulsive thoughts get the best of him; reaching out his hand to caress changmin's soft rose cheeks. it took him five seconds later to realize what he was doing and juyeon put his hand back down, his smile falling. 

confusion flushes over changmin when he notices the way juyeon seems to be hesitant about something. "juyeon, what is it? why're you acting this way? if we both like each other then why don't we—" 

"we can't," juyeon cuts off. "i can't. i don't, think i can..." he looks back at changmin with a shameful expression. "changmin, you're an incredible great person. i like you because of that...there's so many reasons why i like you and i've only just began knowing you...but, i don't think i'm the right person for you." juyeon reads the brunette's expression, and when he notices the puzzlment in changmin's eyes, he continues explaining.

"don't get me wrong. i like you. truly, i do. i know i do...but, i don't want to hurt you. i don't want to do something that i'll regret later...as you know, i've dated many people before. girls, and boys. that's what i'm known for around school...and, as i've said, i've dated, meaning i've broken up with them. i don't want to break up with you, changmin. i don't want to stop liking you. i want to continue liking you and continue having these warm fuzzy feelings lingering inside me...but, i'm scared i'll hurt you. i'm scared that one day, i'll stop seeing the same way as i'm seeing you right now."