Chapter 6 : rest and memories

(Y/N) pov

"By the way, (Y/N), have you sorted out your accommodations? Finding a place to stay in Yokohama can be quite the task, especially for someone who's not from around here."

As Dazai asked this question, you were a little caught of guard by this suddent question. "Huh ?"

Seeing your reaction, his lips curled into a mischievous half-smile, his gaze meeting yours with an air of calculated amusement. ""But fear not," he continued, his tone casual yet laden with an unspoken proposal. "If you're in need of a place to rest your head, I happen to have an apartment not too far from here. It's spacious and comfortable, and the view is quite splendid."

Atsushi's eyebrows shot up in mild surprise, and he looked between you and Dazai. "Dazai-san, are you sure about this?"

Dazai's grin widened, his eyes dancing with a playful glint. "Of course, Atsushi-kun. It's the least I can do for our new guest, especially one with such intriguing abilities and stories to tell."

You glanced between Dazai and Atsushi, feeling a mixture of surprise and uncertainty. Dazai's offer was unexpected, and you couldn't help but wonder about his true intentions. However, his playful demeanor and the genuine kindness in Atsushi's eyes reassured you to some extent.

"Really, Dazai-san?" you asked, your voice laced with a hint of skepticism. "It's a generous offer, but I'm not sure if it's appropriate. I mean, we just met, and I don't want to impose."

Dazai's smile remained intact, his expression innocent. "Ah, (Y/N)-chan, you don't need worry about imposing. Think of it as a friendly gesture from one investigator to another. Besides, it's not every day that we come across someone with your unique talents and circumstances."

Atsushi seemed to be processing the situation, his concern for your well-being evident in his furrowed brows. "Well, Dazai-san, (Y/N)-san does have a point. It's quite the offer, and we should respect her decision."

Dazai leaned back in his chair, his gaze never leaving you. "Of course, Atsushi-kun. I value (Y/N)-chan's opinion. It was merely a suggestion, after all."

Your heart warmed at Dazai's words, appreciating his understanding of your concerns. His proposition, though cloaked in his signature charm, held a sincerity that touched you.

With a thoughtful look, you turned your attention back to Dazai. "I truly appreciate the offer, Dazai-san. But before I make a decision, I'd like to know more about the agency and what it entails."

Dazai's smile took on a more contemplative edge as he leaned forward, his fingers steepled beneath his chin.

"Of course, (Y/N)

"Of course, (Y/N). To respond to your question, the Armed Detective Agency is a rather unique organization. We handle cases that often involve supernatural elements caused by the abilities of other users, and mysteries that go beyond the ordinary scope of investigation. Our abilities, much like yours, play a significant role in unraveling these cases."