SCHOOL. DANCE (pt 2)

"So?" Jiwon asked Charles. "You okay with it?"

Charles felt his face turn hot. This is a win both ways for him, he thought, well of course he's saying yes. 

"Yeah..." Charles said hesitantly. "You're going to buy me that monthly lunch!" he said confidently in an attempt to cover himself, even though he was a vast blushing mess.

"If you say so," Jiwon smiled back. He clicks on the button and the game unfreezes.

The clicking, clacking sounds of the game consoles filled the room, with silence but hitched breaths of the boys attempting to win, although, Charles was trying not to win but tried his best to hide it.

"You're losing again," Jiwon says to him. Charles rolled his eyes with a slight grin on his face, Jiwon noticed.

"Are you losing on purpose?" Jiwon teased, Charles was caught off guard, he felt his hands sweat, and his cheeks turn red.

"I'm not, you're going to regret saying that," Charles grinned. He knew deep down, he was going to lose anyways. 

As the boys continue to play the game, a vibrating sound alerted Jiwon and he paused the game. He checked his phone to see his brother's name on the screen.

"Sorry, I have to take this," he says, Charles nods in response. Charles lay down on the mat while Jiwon had a long conversation on the phone, it made Charles look at the time to see that it was already late. 

The school dance, which was only 3 days away. This Friday is their last day of school, and the night he will have a chance to dance with Kim Jiwon. It felt like a dream come true.

"Cero," Jiwon alarmed Charles who was daydreaming. He immediately got up and turned to look at him.

"I have to go, sorry," Jiwon says picking up the bag on the floor. 

"Wait, what?" Charles felt his heartbreak for a second. What about the bet? He thought to himself.

"My brother needs to see me," Jiwon explains while leaving the door. "Sorry for leaving all of a sudden," 

"It's okay," Charles says. "It must be urgent anyways," 

It was not okay, to Charles, his one chance to go to the dance with Jiwon. 

"Thanks, Cero. I'll call you at night," Jiwon says smiling before closing the door. Leaving Charles to stare blankly at the frozen screen.

"Damn it," Charles groaned. "I should have lost immediately,"

🕸️

"Hey," Noel says greeting the red-eyed male. "So, did anything interesting happen between you two last night?" he teases in an effort to get a reaction from Charles.

"You don't even want to know," Charles mumbled, his head on his arms resting on the table. 

"Just say it," Noel said crossing arms. 

"He sort of asked me out to the dance," Charles explained. 

"Sort of," Noel remarked with a grin. Charles rolls his eyes.

"He made a bet with me on a game, and said if I lost, he would bring me to the dance," Charles continues. 

"So, you obviously lost on purpose, right?" Noel questioned. Charles didn't say a word. 

"Wow," Noel added which made Charles groan.

"I was trying to lose! But he had to leave because of something..." The more Charles thought about what happened, the more he brooded.