SCHOOL. DANCE (last part)

The moonlight shade shone into the room, filling up the dark space, with visible dust particles under the shine. Charles made himself comfortable under the thick, soft blanket, staring up at the ceiling, he looked towards the window, noticing how the stars lighted up in the black midnight canvas. 

"Can't sleep?" Jiwon called out to him from his bed which Charles was next to, all he could do was hum in reply. He shifted, he noticed Jiwon looking at him. He looked at his face, how Jiwon's eyes still sparkled even though it was dark. His eyes look like the sky, Charles thought, 

"What's wrong?" Jiwon asked him, Charles realised he was merely staring at Jiwon's face, but he couldn't look away. 

"You're pretty," Charles said finally, his face burned up realising that he said those words out loud. Jiwon looked at him surprised but then turned into a smile. 

"You're even prettier," he said as he shifted his position even closer to the edge of his bed to get closer to Charles sleeping on the mattress floor. 

"Jiwon," said Charles. "If you're still sick tomorrow, and maybe you can't go to the dance, which I hope not...do you want to..." He took a breath in between his sentences, gazing intently into Jiwon's eyes as dark as the night sky. He is being pulled deeper into the deep blue ocean as he sinks into it, yet he is not terrified of drowning; rather, he hopes he could stay in the sea indefinitely.

"Do you want to go out with me?" Finally, he spoke; Jiwon remained silent. Despite his panicking, he kept on speaking. "As in, y'know...dating,"

"Yes!" Jiwon's abrupt shout shocked Charles, who then looked up to see Jiwon sitting up in bed and staring down at him. Lustered, Jiwon responded, "I mean...yeah, of course," while scratching his neck. The red-eyed looked at him smiling, seeing Jiwon's ashamed face, he couldn't help but snicker.

"What are you laughing about?" Jiwon smiled too. 

"It's just...unusual to see you like that, I've never seen that part of you much," Charles said looking down, laughing softly. "I want to see more of you," 

"I want to see more of you too," 

While swimming, Charles feels the freezing water on his skin, yet the moon is strangely burning him. He continues to look even though there is nothing in the water. As he dives deeper, he comes across a red-scaled fish. He pursues it, and it takes him to stunning corals and other colorful fish, yet, the redfish still stood out from the rest. 

"So, are we officially boyfriends?" Jiwon asks once more while resting on his bed and gazing above.

Charles laughed sarcastically, "Yeah, don't make me take it back."

"Goodnight," Jiwon says. "Love you,"

Charles was surprised by those words, his heart skipping a beat, but he knew the right answer anyway.

"Love you too,

🕸️ 

Charles grumbled as the room boomed with the beeping sound that woke him up. He continues to ignore the sound when a strike of realisation hits, today is the day of the school dance. When he awakes, he discovers that the curtains have already been drawn. He gets out of bed to see that Jiwon is nowhere to be found on his bed. Curious, he wanders around the spacious bedroom in search of Jiwon.

However, he made the decision to make himself ready first, cleaning his teeth after searching for him in the bathroom. He began to remember what happened last night as he washed his face and observed the water drops fall from his hair. He realises, his face blossomed red, he splashes himself with water to cool down.