SCHOOL. DANCE (pt 3)

Fun fact: This fanfic has been inspired by Heartstopper \^o^/ After watching the show I had the idea to write this! I hope you have been enjoying <33

*****

After school, as promised, Charles went over to the hall to help with the decorations for the dance. 

"Joni and Emilia, you both will be in charge of the stage decorations with the other students! Alex, I trust you and Carly to be in charge of the dining tables. Charles and I will be in charge of the banners! Is that okay, everyone?" Mia reported everything that had to be done to the decorations team, after all, she was chosen as the leader.

She has gained confidence in herself over the past years, making her an undeniably great leader next to Emilia.

Everyone agreed with their duties and went on to work. 

As Mia was painting the banners and Charles was cutting ribbons to hang on to the walls, Mia sat closer to him. 

"Look at this, I found it in our storage room," Mia showed Charles a photo of a rectangular board. "We can use this," Mia said gleaming. 

"Yeah, it looks great!" Charles said. "We can decorate it with bows and stuff. Oh! And the lights, I think it'll look nice," he added.

"What should we write?" Mia questioned. "We can't write both their names, it would be a little bit confusing,"

"Let's just write 'Will you go to prom with me?', we can ask them both individually," Charles remarked. Mia continued to nod at everything he said.

"Oh, yeah. I made this," Mia took out something from her pouch bag. She handed it to Charles as he looked down at her hands. It was a beautiful handcrafted choker necklace, it had elegant laces and silver chains that shone with small pink gems.

 It was a beautiful handcrafted choker necklace, it had elegant laces and silver chains that shone with small pink gems

"Oh my, Mia, you made this? In one night? It's beautiful! She's going to love it," Charles gasped, astonished. "Could you make me one too?" he joked, even though, he truly wanted one too. 

"Awh, thanks, Cero!" Mia cheered. "Yes, of course, I'll make one for you!" she giggled. 

"Should I get Jiwon a gift too?" Charles questioned. 

"Let's be honest, he's too rich for his own good," Mia joked, it was a repetition of what Charles said before which caused him to gasp at her dramatically as a joke.

"Wow! Well, sorry I'm not as creatively talented as you," he teased back. 

"No, but you are very poetic," Mia stated the words poetic out loud, it caused Charles to recall his old phase and cringe at the thought. "Why not write him something?" she suggested.

"You think so?" Charles asked.

"Yes! Of course!" Mia cheered. Maybe he could write Jiwon a love poem, Charles thought.