𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝟣 - 𝑅𝒶𝒾𝓃𝓎 𝒯𝓇𝒶𝒾𝓃 𝑅𝒾𝒹𝑒𝓈

𝓔𝓵𝔂𝓼𝓲𝓪𝓷

Chapter 1 - Rainy Train Rides

-𝓬𝓵𝓪𝓻𝓪𝓯𝓸𝓻𝓻𝓮𝓼𝓽-

(Y/N) POV

The rain hit the window, creating a path of water down the windowpane. It had been like this all day and seemed to have no chance of stopping anytime soon. The hills roll by as the train chugs down the tracks making its way towards Hogwarts.

"(Y/N), are you even paying attention" Charlotte says, waving her hand in front of my face.

I blink quickly, startled out of my trance. I look back to the carriage where all my friends were sitting. Ivy and Milo are chatting together in the corner. Amber, Jack and Ruby are playing an overly competitive game of exploding snap.

"Yeah, sorry." I say sheepishly, smiling back at Charlotte.

"You were half way over that hill in your head," She says laughing slightly "there is no way that you heard any of what I have said in the past five minutes."

I shake my head slightly, looking down in embarrassment. 

"I know, sorry," I say turning to face her properly. "I'm listening properly now, what were you saying?"

"I was trying to talk to you about who our new Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher might be this year since Lockhart disappeared last year." She says, miming air quotes around the word 'disappeared'. 

Professor Lockhart had seemingly disappeared from the wizarding world after going down to the Chamber of Secrets last year. No one had heard anything from him but we were all assured that he was safe and had left on his own accord to pursue other career options. Not that any of us really believed that.