Three

Damira

I wake up to cold water splashing on my face. 

"She's awake boss." I blink, trying to clear my eyes. I can't move my hands or feet, looking around. I'm tied up, in some kind of cell. 

Fear washes over my whole body. I panic, having difficulty breathing. "It took a lot of work and money to get you here darling. Damira Moretti, adopted daughter of the Moretti's." 

He lists off the things he knows about me. 

I knew they were rich but I didn't know they were rich enough for someone to kidnap me. "W-w-what do y-y-you want?" A sinister grin. He pulls out a glinting knife and lifts my chin with it.

"You." 

"And your families death." 

I start breathing harder, faster in pace as he comes closer, his face almost touching mine. He smiles before moving back and laughing. "Damira mira mira, let's see if your new family comes for you." 

He holds up a phone and takes a picture, the flash is turned on so I squeeze my eyes shut. "If your family gives me the money I need and listens to me maybe I'll let you go." 

He taps a few things on his phone and I look around seeing if there's any way to get away. I'm in some kind of underground chamber, in a chair tied down. Water drops from the ceiling, making slick wet floors, hard to get away. 

I feel a pain in my head, dizziness. Probably a headache from whatever they used to knock me out. I learned a few things from my parents. 

The man suddenly turns around smiling at me. "Oh poor Mira, your family decided to abandon you. But it's okay, we'll give them a little motivation." 

He smiles before calling someone. I know whatever is coming isn't good. Fear floods every single part of my body. Another person comes rushing down, carrying a large briefcase. 

The man grabs it and opens it, there all different kind of surgical tools in it. "Hold this." He hands the phone to the other person. Grabbing a small knife from the case he walks over to me. 

"Mira, I'm so sorry to do this to you, but your family gave me no choice. I really wanted to be peaceful but you must blame your family. Now, we're going to give them a little show to motivate them." 

He grabs my face as I try to pull away. "No, no, this isn't it. You mustn't make any noise, promise right? If you make noise I'll have no choice but to punish you, promise?" 

He forcefully makes me nod my head. "Alright we made a promise, and promises have to be kept." He hold the knife up to my exposed leg, I'm still in my red dress. 

I see first before I feel anything, the blade cutting through my thigh, making a thin line at first then blood seeps through. 

Pain

Searing pain is the only thing that I feel. As if my skin is butter and a knife is gliding through. I can't stop it. The blood, I can't stop it. Red, darker than my dress runs down my legs. 

I feel tears fall down my face but I barely register it. I just want to get out of this hell. "Aww, Mira you did so well. But I don't think your family will be convinced by this." 

He makes another slash, on my other thigh. I scream this time, I can't stop the pain, I can't think anymore. Will anyone rescue me? Am I all alone in this world?

"Tsk, tsk, Mira, I told you not to make any noise. Now I have no choice to punish you." He grabs my arm, taking my pinky and twisting it backwards, 180 degrees. Pain unlike anything every flashes to my head.