Four

Damira 

I wake up, my eyes squint, trying to adjust to the light. There are moving figures around me. "She's awake! Call the doctor, quickly!" Someone shouts, I think its Lucia although I'm not sure. 

I feel tired, really really tired. I close my eyes for a second and when I wake up there's no one in the room. 

Silence

What happened to me? The last thing I remember is Lorenzo grabbing me before I fell. I sit up in the bed. The bedroom I'm in looks like a hospital, with white everything, except the blankets and bed are too nice. 

I look down at my legs, the slashes are covered in white bandages, my pinky is in a black splint that goes over my wrist, connecting to the pinky. 

I'm clean, there's no smell of blood although looking at myself in the mirror I look like a mess. I have purplish blue bruises that have a hint of green in them scattered all over my arms and legs. 

Red marks in the print of a hand is left on my neck. I slowly walk over to the door and open it to find no one in the halls. It's somewhere I haven't been before. I don't know if I'm at home. 

Home, I'm calling this place home even when I've been kidnapped. 

I walk over to a set of black doors, opening it in hopes of finding someone. And I open it to find everyone there. Dante, Ginevra, Luca, Lorenzo. 

Everyone stares at me as I come limping in, it still hurts to walk, the knife slashes keep hurting with each movement. I trip, bracing for the fall when someone grabs me. I look up to see Lorenzo. 

"Hey, you're not supposed to walk yet." He scoops me up easily and it surprises me. Did someone die? Why is he being so kind, I mean yea he came to rescue me but wasn't that just a dream?

"You've been in a coma for 3 days honey, will someone call the doctor please?" A guard nods and walks out. Lorenzo puts me in a chair next to him and Dante. 

Soon a the guard comes back with someone in a white coat who seems to be the doctor, he wheels a wheelchair in. The doctor comes close, and inspects my bandages, pinky, the bruises, a few regular checkups then nods. 

"I'll recommend some medicine for her to heal faster, other then that she's in pretty good health after what she's been through. She'll need lots of rest and no walking until a few weeks later, keep her warm although a few cold things should be okay." 

With that the doctor nods, then leaves the room, leaving the wheelchair. Lorenzo picks me up again, putting me in the wheelchair. 

"We were so worried?" 

"Are you okay?" 

"I'm so sorry for not noticing earlier." 

"Does it hurt a lot?" 

Questions flood in, but I have a few of my own. "Riccardo, I need to ask you an important question. This is really important, what did the man mean by 'mafia'?"

The questions suddenly stop. 

"Can we have a little family time? Kids wrap it up." The girls give me hugs and the boys nod before going out with their parents. 

Lorenzo sits back down, his arms crossed over his chest. "Listen honey, I know this will come as a shock to you. And if you want to leave we'll send you to a very good boarding school that is safe, but please listen first before any questions."