Chapter 5

Y/N's POV:

I am so excited to see Mike again! I'm so lucky that I am his friend, and that he's trying to make new friends. To be honest, I need friends too. Friend wise, I only have one. Some people say "quality over quantity", but I need more friends instead of one. Imagine if I stop being friends with my bestie? Then what would happen? I would have no one to talk to. And, I mean, sometimes that's good, but having no friends is kind of sad. No wait, it is.

After I was done with my coffee and (food), I decided that I was going to go to the park before Mike, so then I could relax. And you may be thinking; "But Y/N, you just relaxed!" Well, I can relax all I want. You can never have too much relaxation. Oh wait, you can. Never mind.

 I was lucky to find no one in the park, because oh my goodness there's always so many kids here. Some scream so much that they can break glass with so much pitch in their screams. So, I could finally sit down on the same bench under the same tree, where Mike and I talked. Even though it was yesterday when I talked with him, I still miss him. I am talking with a celebrity. A celebrity! A... celebrity... ok to you I may sound completely insane, but if you were friends with a celebrity, you would be more than happy. Ecstatic... Yeah, that's the word. 

While I was waiting, I was looking around and I saw... Duncan? He was looking around for a moment, then ran towards me.

He catches his breath. "Listen to me, ok? Mike isn't Mike anymore! He isn't!" Duncan shouts.

"Ok, first of all, lower your voice. Second of all... WHAT?!" I reply.

"I'm going to say this as quickly as possible, but Mike is now Mal and Mal is coming now! He's been in control this whole day and came to me to ask things about you. I saw him walking! If you've watched Total Drama, you know that he whistles Hall of the Mountain King! I saw him doing that, and Mike definitely would never whistle that song. So, you need to go somewhere! Run! Hide for all I care! Something's going to happen, and it's not gonna be good!" Duncan looks around, paranoid.

"Alright. I'll go. But you're really sure?" I ask, then I look around with him.

He looks back at me. "Yes!" He grabs me by the shoulders. "Listen, I would be doing this with anyone right now. Grabbing their shoulders and yelling. I am being serious when I say that you gotta go!" He looks behind him, and he sees Mal, walking up the small path, and onto the small hill where the playground stood. "There he is! He's coming now! Go, go!" Duncan then pushes me, and I start to run. 

I'm not a great runner, but the adrenaline was pumping and I was going fast. I didn't dare to look behind me. I just kept on running until I went on a path that makes a right turn to another street. And so, I cut through the trees to not be spotted, and I finally got to the street. I catch my breath, dusting off the branches and leaves that are attached to my clothing. When that was done, I quickly turned back slowly. I go closer to a tree, and I hug it. I crouch down, and I look. I see Duncan and Mal talking. By looking at the gestures, I could see that Mal was mad and Duncan was scared. And, I could see Mike's hair down. That's basically a code for "That's Mal". But, I'm still wondering... why would he help me? What would've Mal done if Duncan didn't come? Well, I don't have to think about that anymore. All I am doing is watching quietly.

ML's POV: 

"What did you do..." I ask Duncan. Him being there isn't a coincidence. 

"I, uh, nothing! I've just been standing here!" Duncan replies.

"Oh, ok..." I turned around, pretending that I was about to walk away, but then kicked him to the ground quickly, putting one foot on his chest. "I'm not an idiot. You told Y/N to leave, didn't you?"