Chapter 8

Y/N's POV:

I... I like MIKE. Mike...? But... But how..? I may be an ultra fan, but me? Liking Mike? No way, that's not true! He's so.... Ok...

Ok, fine! I'll tell the truth! He isn't just ok, he's so cute!!! Super cute! Such a cutie! I just wanna squish his face! But... Could I really be in love? No, it's just a crush.... No... This isn't just a crush! This is LOVE!!! TRUE LOVE!!! ...Or I'm just being over dramatic considering I'm on my period. Eh, either way, I have a crush on this guy!

My bestie opens the door to the guest room, a smile plastered on their face.

"Hey Y/N! You're smiling like crazy, what's going on?" They ask.

"Oh, hey B/N! I'm smiling...? Maybe I'm just happy, that's all!" I say, trying to stop smiling. But, I couldn't! So, I end up just laughing my head off.

My bestie laughs as well, until they start to speak again.

"Why are you laughing? C'mon, tell me! Right now, before I suffocate you with a pillow!" They say with a smile, as they climb on the bed, and sit cross-legged close to the edge, but almost right in front of me.

"Alright... I'll tell ya." I scoot a bit closer, as I whisper in their ear. "...I like Mike." 

"I KNEW IT!!!" They say, with a confident and cheeky smile, yelling in my ear. I cover my right ear by how loud she was, smiling even bigger.

"I was just sitting in bed, and I couldn't stop thinking about his face! It just looks so... You know, squish-able!" 

"I agree! You know, I would say that you have bad taste.... But, since Mike is Mike, I'll give it a pass." They shrug their shoulders, eyes closed and shaking their head. "I mean, I was expecting it at this point. You've been hanging out way too much, I would've thought that you've kissed by now!" They start to laugh, eyes still closed. They then open them, with narrowed eyebrows and with a cheeky grin. 

I grab them by their shoulders, as I shake them aggressively. "HEY!!! I HAVEN'T KISSED HIM! LIKE.... EVER!!!! WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN THINKING, YOUNG WOMAN/MAN!!!" I keep shaking them, as they continue to laugh. I then hear my ringtone. I slowly stop shaking her, as I turn my head towards the buzzing phone, a look of confusion on my face. A bit afterwards, they stop laughing too, as they stare at the phone.

"...Hm... Someone's calling. Go check it...!" They say, turning their body towards the phone.

I grab my phone, then I check the caller. It was Mike! "It's Mike!" I say, as I pick it up. "Hey, Mike! What's up? Are you still sad?" 

B/N creeps closer to me, as they attempt to hear what was happening on the call. I change it to speaker phone so they can hear better.

"Hello, Y/N..." ...This wasn't Mike. This was Mal. 

"Holy shit, it's Mal...!" They say, whispering in my ear. Then, they speak out loud. "Hey, dingus! Get off the phone!"

"B/N!!" I yell, turning my head towards her. I then turn back to the phone. "What do you want.... Mal...?"

"Hehehe.... You know, I think that you are a fool." 

"...Why?"

"You have no safe space from me. I will find you, Y/N. Even the police won't be able to stop my wrath."

"Man, you sound like some kind of cringy-ass super villain." They say. 

"B/N! ....Ok, fine, you're right."

"......Ugh, whatever...! But, either way, I will find you again. Run, hide, do as you please. With me in charge, you can't do anything. No matter how far you run, as long as you bring Mike with you.... I'll be there." Mal then does his (hot) signature laugh, and gets off the phone.

"....Lovely. This is so lovely." B/N says, as they facepalm. "Now we can never speak to Mike again, because Mal will just pop out!" They then remove their hand from their face, and look back at me. "...Guess you won't be seeing your crush for a while."

I look down, disappointed. "...I guess so. But, where could he even get my info, anyways?"

"......hm..... You do make a good point. Maybe he's trying to get you scared?"

"Yeah, you're right...." I then take a pause to think. My eyes widened in fear, as a thought started to circle through my head. "....My insta. That's where he's getting this info!" I say, with a tone of panic. 

"But you don't just say 'Oh hey this is where I live!' in your stories. That would make no sense. Plus, I've seen all of your stories. There's no info, just pictures and videos."

"That's the point, B/N! He's seeing the background of my pictures and videos! He knows where I live, where I work, the bar that I went to with Zara,  Maki, and you! He's getting info through there!"

"Holy shit.... You're right! Emo boy is smarter than I thought... Maybe it's time to get the authorities into this mess. He knows where your parents live!"

"But he said that police won't ever be able to catch him-" I then stopped talking. I think to myself, a look of pure terror slowly forming on my face. "...My parents. MY PARENTS!" I got up, putting back my shoes. "He's going to go after my parents!"

"You're right! It's getting dark, that's the perfect time to strike!" My bestie gets up too, a look of fear washing over them. "Let's go, c'mon!" 

"What do you think I'm doing?!" I then open the door, running to the entrance.

My bestie and I run to the door, as they grab their keys. They put on their crocs, as we both burst through the door, running to the elevator. I continuously press the down button, my touch becoming more aggressive after every push.  "Come on, you stupid elevator! My parents are in trouble!" 

"Calm down, your parents wouldn't want you to panic, would they?"

"My parents may die today, and it's all because of emo boy wanting to play this stupid game!" I then became more serious. "If you want to play cat and mouse, so be it. But, this time, I'm being the cat. I am going to find you, and when I do..."

"You're going to wish you've never crossed paths with me."

(WC: 1041)