1. Paw

I'm currently staring at the floor of the police station

Trembling like it's snowing outside, which is almost impossible because I live in Texas. No, I'm shaking and shivering for another reason.

While looking at the dirty police floor I catch a glimpse of my shoes. They have droplets of blood on them, causing me to suddenly remember what happened not so long ago...

𝒴𝑒𝓈𝓉𝑒𝓇𝒹𝒶𝓎...

I awoke to a surprisingly quiet house, which is unsettling because normally Paw forces me up to make him breakfast or to simply take all of his frustrations out on me before he goes to work. Reluctantly I get myself up, careful not to worsen my already bruised and fragile body. I slowly open my bedroom door -that is not really a bedroom, just a small room where Paw keeps all of his trash- not making any noise, I peek out of the room listening for any sign of Paw.

'Is he at work already?' I thought to myself, not hearing anything.

After a few more minutes of waiting and listening, I decide to step out of the room and head to the kitchen. Paw doesn't seem to be home at the moment, and I wasn't allowed to eat anything these past few days so I'm in a desperate need for fuel.

"CLICK." I quickly stop, terrified of the sound I just heard. I look in the direction that it came from and to my surprise I see... Paw.

His back is facing me but I can see his face in the broken mirror. I'm panicking for being caught walking out of my room without his permission, but soon my thoughts shift from fear to slight curiosity when I see a sort of metallic black object on his hands. He raises the object above his shin and puts it inside of his open mouth. I'm observing his actions through the broken mirror until I shift my eyes to his, freezing as his green orbs coldly stare back at me.

We silently stare at each other. I'm unable to move from all the fear I have swimming inside of me, making me slightly nauseous. But before I can even process that sick feeling- "BANG!"

'...Bzzzzzzzzzzz...'

I came back to my senses. My ears ringing and my face... wet?

I shakily lift my hand and place it on my face, wiping it slightly. I look at it, my eyes widening and tears fogging my vision. "No no no no no no no..." My breath starts to quicken and the tears slowly fall. I drop to my knees and stare at the lifeless body of who once was my father, pieces of his brain splattered all around.

After some time I hear the sounds of sirens in the distance. I'm still in the living room with Paw -or what remains of him- I can't seem to move.