5. Dinner

"I think I asked you a simple fucking question

"I think I asked you a simple fucking question." I pressure him, now even more annoyed.

'Who the hell is this kid. And what is he doing in my house?' While impatiently waiting for an answer, I study him. 'What the fuck is wrong with him?' He's shaking so much that even I'm starting to feel cold, and he's looking at me like he's about to cry. 'Is he that big of a pussy? To start crying after getting caught sneaking around someone else's home.' He's actually pathetic, I scoff.

The trespasser doesn't respond. And keeps glancing over to the stairs, pissing me off. 'Is he ignoring me?'

"Hey! Are you deaf??" I shout, tired of this fucker ignoring me. But he suddenly starts tweaking. Crouching while protecting his head with his arms, repeatedly murmuring something that I can't quite make up.

I was simply standing there, dumbfounded, when one of my older brothers appears at the end of the steps.

"What happened?" Leo asks, while quickly making his way up. "I-I don't know, this guy broke in and just started tweaking!" I say to him. Watching as he crouches down to the intruders level, quietly speaking to him and calming him down. 'Does Leo know him?' I ask myself, even more confused now. 'Who actually is this kid...?' But before I can ask, Leo carefully picks up the child. Leaving me behind as they go down the steps.

I'm currently crouched in front of Elijah, while my younger brother Alexandro stands next to us

I'm currently crouched in front of Elijah, while my younger brother Alexandro stands next to us. I have no idea what happened to cause my baby brother to be in such a frightened state, but I feel an overwhelming need to protect him.

"... can you look at me Elijah?" I whisper so that only he can hear. Slowly placing my hand on his, careful not to scare him.

We do some breathing exercises, that seem to fortunately calm him down. "What happened...?" I ask my little brother, now that he has stopped panicking.

I watch as he averts his glossy gaze to the set of stairs behind me. "The stairs?" I look back. "Are you scared of stairs?" I continue, slightly confused.

His face turns red as he tries to hide his embarrassment, making me feel bad for causing it.

"It's alright Elijah, everyone has fears." I try to reassure him, while pondering for a solution. "...would you mind if I carried you down?" I nervously ask, gaining a somewhat shocked and confused look from Elijah.