3. Reunited

𝐸𝓃𝒹 𝑜𝒻 𝒹𝓇𝑒𝒶𝓂

𝐸𝓃𝒹 𝑜𝒻 𝒹𝓇𝑒𝒶𝓂...

"GASP!" 

I came alive, gasping for air and drenched in my own sweat. I grab for my heart, attempting to keep it from jumping out of my chest.

'...it was just a dream.' I try to convince myself, soothing my beating heart and nerves.

While successfully calming down, I think back to the dream I just had. Remembering the words that my mother so desperately cried to me.

"How could I abandon my children like that?"

'Children?' I thought. 'Is she talking about my brother...?' I ask myself. 'If she was, why would she say 'children' instead of 'child'? Are there more? Do I have more than one brother? Why did ma leave them?'

I reflect deeply, trying to come up with an answer to ease my mind. When suddenly- "KNOCK KNOCK." I jump and shrink from the noise, noticing a female officer at the door.

"Good morning kid, you're up quite early." She greets, smiling expectedly. I look away, controlling my breathing.

I've never felt comfortable around women, particularly older women. They always make me feel anxious and scared. I can't seem to handle them being around me or touching me very well.

"Not much of a talker, huh?" She asks while placing her hands on her hips. "Alright, Alright. Then how about you grab your things and go sit over there at the reception?" I watch as she points to the area connected to the entrance. "Your brother should be arriving in no time!" She shouts as she walks away to the other side of the station, leaving me more relaxed now that she's gone.

I do as I was told and grab my bag, making my way to the reception and sitting on one of the chairs there. Unsure of what else I should do, I stare at the dirty floor of the police station. Waiting for my supposedly older sibling.

𝐵𝒶𝒸𝓀 𝓉𝑜 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓅𝓇𝑒𝓈𝑒𝓃𝓉...

I snap out of my reminiscing thoughts after hearing a pair of heavy footsteps approaching me. I nervously look up at them.

'They're huge...! Specially the one of the left.' I gulp, grabbing my hands for comfort.

I study their appearance for a second, until I'm pulled out of my head when the one in a suit opens his mouth.

"...Elijah?" He says in a whispering tone.

'How does he know my name?' I instantly ask myself. But wishing to be polite to my new relative, I nod my head.

I watch as his grey eyes soften, finding it a bit amusing. He then gets down on one knee to talk to me. I don't dare take my eyes off of him, scared and wary of the proximity.