Chapter 2

You hear the distant sound of blasters being fired as your mind regains consciousness. You hear a door burst open.

"LET HER GO! NOW!"

You recognize the voice.

You flash your eyes open and see the whiteness of a ceiling above you. You crane your neck forward and witness the Mandalorian pointing a blaster at a frightened man in a white lab coat. You notice that there are metal restraints cuffing your abdomen, arms and ankles to a bed. You feel a needle piercing into a vein in your arm; you look to your side and see that your blood is being extracted into a blood collection bag.

Of this confusing scenario that you were suddenly in, you assume that you're the victim and the Mandalorian is defending you.

"B-back up!" The man stutters into a walkie-talkie, quivering in fear. "I need back up!"

The Mandalorian slowly approaches the man, keeping his blaster pointed at him. "The rest of your little group here is dead. I might just spare your life if you let her go. First, get that needle out of her and patch her up."

The man follows the Mandalorian's orders. He walks over to you and removes the needle. With shaky hands, he places a piece of gauze on the puncture and secures it with bandage wrap.

"Now, unlock the restraints," the Mandalorian gruffly orders.

The man cautiously heads to the foot of the bed. He presses a button and the metal restraints open up.

Now that you're free you give one flap of your wings and rush towards the man. You grab his head and snap his neck like it was nothing. The lifeless body falls to the tiled floor with a thud.

The Mandalorian lowers his blaster and places it in a holster at his hip. Your eyes linger on the tranquilizer gun seated next to it, remembering that the last thing you saw before waking up in this lab-esque room was the Mandalorian shooting the tranquilizer gun at you.

You dart toward him and pin him against the wall. He grunts from the impact. Your hands grip his shoulder plates and you levitate off of the ground to meet him eye to eye. He keeps still, not making a single move. You try meeting his gaze through his helmet's visor but all that's there is dark nothingness.

"WHY THE FUCK AM I HERE?" You shout. You pull the Mandalorian forward to slam him again against the wall, another grunt escaping him. "What the fuck is going on? Start talking, or you'll meet the same fate as the other guy."

"I came back here to rescue you," he answers in a strained voice.

"Came back?" You cock your head, still trying to find his eyes but to no avail, which made you even angrier. "From what I recall, you're the one who tranquilized me. I'm here against my will because of you. And now you're here to rescue me? Awe, my knight in tattered armor."

Din gathers his patience before trying to explain. Even amongst your threats he finds himself lost in your beauty.

"It was the head scientist of this lab that wanted a Diathim, any Diathim, to be brought here alive," he explains, keeping his voice calm and collected. "I'm a bounty hunter. I was just in it for the reward he was offering."

You grit your teeth. "Where is this scientist?" Your eyes dart around the room, landing on a window that displays nothing but a landscape of sand. "And where exactly are we?"

"The scientist is dead. When I came back to get you, I killed him along with everyone else who was here that stood against me. As for location, we're in a deserted area of the planet Tatooine," He replies, maintaining his composure.