Chapter 7

The light of a welcoming morning peeks in between the blinds, rousing Din from his deep sleep. Not you, however. You remained soundly sleeping, snuggled up to him at his side. I could get used to this, he thinks, savoring your warmth and company.

He carefully gets up out of bed and is successful in not waking you up during the process. He looks longingly at your face, studying each and every little detail. Never would he have thought that he could ever be this intrigued, this attracted, to someone. It's new and exciting, and he only hopes that you'll be on board with spending more time with him today.

Keeping his focus on you, he removes his helmet. He leans over and, very softly, places a kiss on your forehead. He then pauses, pondering what it would be like to kiss more of you. He quickly snaps out of the fantasy and puts his helmet back on, gathers his clothing and heads into the bathroom to wash up.

After cleaning himself and suiting back up, Din sees that you're still asleep and takes notice of your clothes sprawled out on the floor due to last night. Thinking that you will appreciate some fresh, clean clothes to wear, he takes them over to the inn's laundromat. He even grabs some breakfast for you on the way back to the room.

You have already begun to wake up as Din returns to the room. You rub your eyes and forehead, dreading the small hangover that has its hold on you.

"Morning," Din greets as he sets the tray of food on the nightstand. He brings over a chair and takes a seat.

"Morning...ugh," you groggily reply.

"Not feeling the greatest, huh?" He gives you a water bottle. "Here."

"Thanks," You bring the bottle to your lips and take a swig before continuing, "It's not the worst hangover I've had, at least. It'll faze out soon."

"This room's got a decent shower," Din says as he takes a muffin from the food tray and hands it to you, in which you gladly accept. "I recommend taking a cold one to get your blood flowing, 'help kill your symptoms."

You bite into the fresh, fluffy muffin, already feeling a step better now that you're making your stomach happy. "That, and because I probably stink."

"If you do, I can't really tell," Din gestures to his helmet, "you'll never have to worry about body odor with me."

"Excellent," you say with a short laugh. "A shower does sound nice though." You finish off your muffin and get up out of bed. You scan the ground, trying to find your clothes but all you see are your boots. "Do you happen to know where my clothes are?"

"Just brought them down to the laundry."

Your lips form into an appreciative smile. "Awe, thank you. And thank you for breakfast. Did you eat earlier this morning?"

He shakes his head. "Everything on this tray is for you. I can eat later."

You glance at the full plate of food and then back at him. "There's plenty there for the both of us. Go ahead and eat while I shower, that way you have privacy."

Din is comforted by your comment, for it shows the respect you have towards his Creed.

"Your new armor looks great, by the way. I don't remember if I mentioned that last night or not."

"You tried," he responds with a light chuckle.

You smile and roll your eyes at yourself. You turn and head to the bathroom. As you walk away, Din notices that your ass has the faintest shade of pink due to last night's fun. You shut the bathroom door, leaving Din alone with his thoughts.

I let myself get carried away, he thinks over as he hears the shower running. He takes off his helmet and starts eating, thinking anxiously about last night. I shouldn't have made those advances. She wasn't in the proper mindset to give thoughtful consent.