6

Mia woke up early the next morning, feeling restless and uneasy. She got dressed and decided to take a walk to clear her head.

As she walked, she noticed the same man from the previous day, still dressed in his long coat and hat, following her from a distance. Mia felt a surge of panic in her chest and quickened her pace.

When she finally reached the park, she stopped to catch her breath, turning around to see if the man was still following her.

He was.

Mia felt a sense of fear wash over her as she realized there was no escape. She was trapped in the park, with no one around to help her.

The man approached her slowly, his footsteps echoing in the stillness of the morning. Mia backed away, her heart pounding in her chest.

As he drew closer, she could see his eyes through the small holes in the mask. They were cold and unfeeling, sending a shiver down her spine.

"Who are you?" she asked shakily, trying to keep her voice steady.

The man didn't answer, instead reaching into his pocket and pulling out a small package. He tossed it towards her, before disappearing into the trees.

Mia stood there for a moment, still in shock. Slowly, she approached the package and tore it open. Inside was a small bracelet, made of gold with a small charm dangling from it.

She didn't know what to make of it, but she felt a sense of unease settle in her chest. Whatever was happening, it was far from over.

When Mia got home, her mother was waiting for her, her face lined with worry.

"Mia, the police just called. They found a body in the river this morning. They believe it's one of the men who attacked you and Lily yesterday."

Mia felt a surge of relief, but it was quickly tempered by the realization that their attacker was still out there.

"We need to tell the police everything that happened," Mia said firmly. "And we need to make sure we're safe."

Her mother nodded, her face pale. "I agree. This is all getting too strange."

As they went to the police station, Mia couldn't help but feel a sense of dread settle in her stomach. She didn't know what was going on, but she knew it was far from over.